Question for Danny- Spatial Lumina L2

ttan98

Question for Danny- Spatial Lumina L2
« on: 17 Dec 2018, 10:41 pm »
I saw the Lumina L2 speakers, each side uses 2 subwoofers and 1 servo amplifier to drive these woofers. I have a few questions:

1. Are all these speakers and amp come from your company?
2. If so did Spatial make any mods to them before using them in L2?

any info on how to use them in this speakers, L2 are welcomed.

Thanks.

SlushPuppy

Re: Question for Danny- Spatial Lumina L2
« Reply #1 on: 17 Dec 2018, 11:54 pm »
The bass section of the L2 is from Danny. Not sure if there are any mods.

I saw the Lumina L2 speakers, each side uses 2 subwoofers and 1 servo amplifier to drive these woofers. I have a few questions:

1. Are all these speakers and amp come from your company?
2. If so did Spatial make any mods to them before using them in L2?

any info on how to use them in this speakers, L2 are welcomed.

Thanks.

Hi Folsom,

Yes, you are correct. The best performing sub on the market is Danny's DIY Servo OB system. We use it as part of our $20K Lumina speaker.

Clayton
www.spatialaudio.us

Danny Richie

« Reply #2 on: 18 Dec 2018, 04:52 am »
Clayton is a good customer.

And the only mods that I know of is that the GR Research logos on the magnet system has been removed.

mlundy57

• Industry Participant
« Reply #3 on: 18 Dec 2018, 05:16 am »
I haven't heard those speakers before. How do the subs perform on a flat baffle like that compared to in an H frame?

ttan98

« Reply #4 on: 18 Dec 2018, 05:21 am »
Clayton is a good customer.

And the only mods that I know of is that the GR Research logos on the magnet system has been removed.

Thanks for this reply.
I am contemplating of building a pair of speakers similar in speakers configuration as the Lumina L2. It is not meant to be A COPY of it. If I were to proceed I may need your assistance in your opinion on certain aspects of the speakers' design(I won't ask you to design for me). If that is the case, obviously I would have to purchase the 4 woofers and 2 amplifiers from you. BTW I have some speakers design experience and I have bought many GR drivers from you. Let me know.

SteveKi

« Reply #5 on: 18 Dec 2018, 12:03 pm »
I haven't heard those speakers before. How do the subs perform on a flat baffle like that compared to in an H frame?

I was wondering the same thing. Unfortunately they were not at the New York Audio show last month.
Steve

Danny Richie

« Reply #6 on: 18 Dec 2018, 02:16 pm »

With the flat baffle output level down low is reduced and impact is reduced.

Danny Richie

« Reply #7 on: 18 Dec 2018, 02:18 pm »
Thanks for this reply.
I am contemplating of building a pair of speakers similar in speakers configuration as the Lumina L2. It is not meant to be A COPY of it. If I were to proceed I may need your assistance in your opinion on certain aspects of the speakers' design(I won't ask you to design for me). If that is the case, obviously I would have to purchase the 4 woofers and 2 amplifiers from you. BTW I have some speakers design experience and I have bought many GR drivers from you. Let me know.

Replicate this type of design and use one of the new Beyma or Radian drivers up top. https://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=73341.0

Danny Richie

« Reply #8 on: 18 Dec 2018, 02:19 pm »
Or better yet, flat packs are about to be available for the Super-7's: https://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=159096.0

ttan98

« Reply #9 on: 19 Dec 2018, 10:21 pm »
Replicate this type of design and use one of the new Beyma or Radian drivers up top. https://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=73341.0
Thks for your input, I don't use up your time for now, once I decided I will contact you again. Cheers.