DAC Maraschino Mint / Great video Tommy!

virtue

• Facilitator
  • Making audio lovers audiophiles
    • Virtue Audio

virtue

• Facilitator
    • Virtue Audio
Re: DAC Maraschino Mint / Great video Tommy!
« Reply #1 on: 6 Apr 2015, 10:33 pm »
Guys,

After owning Tommy's hanging Maraschino's for more than 2 months now and hearing them with a range of power hungry speakers including Magnepans, I'd like to support his Kickstarter in the following way.

If you are an Audio Circle member with 4 posts or more, and Tommy tells me you have bought a MINT amplifier ($700) or more, you get a free pair of our top-of-the-line Virtue Nirvana interconnects custom built by Jason, up to 2 meters.  Just send me a PM and tell me:

1) Length you desire
2) Why you are supporting the DAC/Kickstarter campaign (I reserve the right to anonymously publish these).

If you don't want the interconnects, we will credit you $50 for any other cable we make over $100.  You can handle this transaction with Jason directly.

If you're already supporting the campaign, send me a PM and let me know.

Seth

virtue

• Facilitator
    • Virtue Audio
« Reply #2 on: 8 Apr 2015, 06:06 am »
For our special give-away for MINT Kickstarter customers, I've had two requests for balanced (XLR) Nirvana interconnects instead of the standard RCA single ended.

Jason will build these with Neutrik connectors for a $40 up-charge.

Tommy is keeping a list of what y'all want.  CC: me (seth at virtueaudio) if you have other special requirements.

AmpDesigner333

• Industry Participant
  • Detailed AND Musical
    • Digital Amplifier Company
« Reply #3 on: 8 Apr 2015, 04:38 pm »
Tommy,

What an awesome video on your kickstarter!   The DAC "empire" speaks! 

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/378044010/mint-maraschino-amp-for-use-with-high-res-players?utm_source=MINT+Maraschinio+Kickstarter+REDO&utm_campaign=CC_MAIL_04_02_15&utm_medium=email

Would your new MINT work with these Maggies?

Some guy is selling a pair of MG12s for $599 on eBay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MAGNEPLANAR-MG12-QR-MAGNEPAN-Loudspeakers-L-R-Off-White-Dark-Cherry-/121611400025?ssPageName=ADME:B:WNARL:US:1123

Seth
Absolutely!  Mags love Maraschino amps, including Desktop, In-Line (hanging), and the new MINT!  Thanks.

-Tommy O

jseipp

« Reply #4 on: 8 Apr 2015, 09:25 pm »
Seth is offering some very generous support for a fellow AC site sponsor, and as someone who runs both the Virtue One.3 and the DAC In-line Maraschinos, I can tell you that they are both great bargains, offered by great guys.  These are modern-day artisanal electronics, and bargains to boot.

If you appreciate Virtue products and are even thinking about an amp for a desktop or second system, or even as an upgrade or alternative flavor for your main setup (a cool-running substitute for your tubes, perhaps), please check out the Mint Kickstarter campaign, now in its final days.  There are other goodies on offer there as well, so take a peek!  :wink:

virtue

• Facilitator
    • Virtue Audio
« Reply #5 on: 9 Apr 2015, 02:21 pm »
John,

Thank you for that great note.

Here's an exchange with another customer:

Thanks Seth... Will think about it. At $700 to good to pass up. There will always be a place for the virtue. Give me a reason to build a second system for my daughter with a pair of omegas.

Sent from my iPhone

On Apr 9, 2015, at 5:04 PM, Anthony Krinsky <anthonykrinsky@gmail.com> wrote:

MINT is one of the best amps I've ever heard at any price.  No brainier and won't hurt my feelings at all ;-). Tommy is a really good guy.

It's got great noise rejection.  Dead quiet.  I use mine for electrostatics.

Sent from my iPhone

wrote:

Love the battery power... Dead quiet. How quiet is the mint. I think the virtue is doing a great job with the open baffle. Is 50watts enough for 89db 4 ohm speakers. I was told it was on the low end... What are your thoughts? How does the sound of mint compare with virtue?

Thanks,

Sent from my iPhone