SOLD. Duelund Wire soon to post for sale. Any Spatial owners want first dibs?

sockpit

This is the wire Clayton uses in his speakers (in smaller gauges).

I purchased 20 meters of Duelund 12 awg (DCA12GA) Tin Plate Copper Hookup Wire on the 2 of March from Parts Connection to try out.

There has been a buzz about this wire and its 16 AWG cousin. I've had a listen and neither my old ears nor less than optimal room acoustics enable me to defend keeping it. YMMV.

This wire came in a single piece of 20 meters.  I turned it into a set of pairs.  Here is what I have (they shorted me slightly):

1.  Two pieces (1 pair) of 6 meters = about 20 ft.
2.  Two pieces (1 pair) of 3.8 meters = 12.5 ft.

I paid 17.95/meter plus $23 in shipping from Canada.  I'm asking $13/meter and will cover PayPal and US priority or equivalent to CONUS.

Will sell together or separately.  Keep in mind you'll need to cut 1) or 2) in half to get four pieces (a complete stereo set)!

I hope this doesn't violate a community rule, but I thought some in this Circle might be especially interested.
« Last Edit: 7 Apr 2020, 01:16 am by sockpit »

rpw

Hi Sockpit,

I would like to buy the 3.8 meter pair.

Is the pair a positive and negative per side? Total of four wires?

Thanks,
Rich

sockpit

Hi rpw,

I'm having a hard time describing a rather simple thing. Let me try again just so everything is transparent.

I have two pieces that are 3.8 m long.  They comprise a single positive/negative run that could go to one speaker about 12.5 ft away.

If you cut these two pieces in half, you'd then have a matched set of speaker wires for a system, each pair being about 6 ft in length. That will work on many systems with the components centered between the speakers.

I'm selling it by the linear meter, so if you want what I listed as the two 3.8 meter pieces, they would be calculated 2 times 3.8 times $13 = $98.80

Ditto on the longer piece I have. 

You can PM me if still interested in some combo of what I have.  Thanks.

morganc

I recently bought the dueland wire for my Spatials and am loving it. 

aniwolfe

I much preferred what Duelund tried to copy and that is the vintage Western Electric Tinned Copper 10 gauge wires. Western has that vintage tone...warm and full.

morganc

I much preferred what Duelund tried to copy and that is the vintage Western Electric Tinned Copper 10 gauge wires. Western has that vintage tone...warm and full.

Yes I realized just now that I bought the WE not the Dueland (per your advice AniWolfe) and boy that's the best investment I've made in a while! 

jseymour

I also have WE 10 gauge on my M3TM. Don't need any other speaker wire.

sockpit

Thanks so much, gents, for helping me find a buyer for my Duelund wire! 

:popcorn: