The X-Statik's up and running again...

S Clark

• a riot is the language of the unheard- Dr. King
Re: The X-Statik's up and running again...
« Reply #40 on: 1 Nov 2015, 04:14 pm »
Absolutely not!  Just pull the upper sealed woofer and stuff in some polyfil.  It's a 5 minute job or less.

Chops

« Reply #41 on: 1 Nov 2015, 05:04 pm »
Okay, that sounds good. Thanks for the tip!

Chops

« Reply #42 on: 1 Nov 2015, 05:49 pm »
Good thing my girlfriend is into crafts and such. She happily donated to the cause.  :wine:

Danny Richie

« Reply #43 on: 1 Nov 2015, 06:12 pm »
So, essentially I have open these things again and put some poly in them?

If so, it's not something I'm going to rush out and do anytime soon.

Experiment wit it. Just pull a woofer out and slide some in right behind the woofers and hear what the effect is.

Chops

« Reply #44 on: 1 Nov 2015, 08:58 pm »
Experiment wit it. Just pull a woofer out and slide some in right behind the woofers and hear what the effect is.

I may try adding a little more in a few days or so. The bass is sounding pretty darn good right now. It might have lost just a tad bit of extension, but if it did, not by much, hence why I'll probably play around some more poly in a few days. I just want to sit, relax and enjoy some music before going back to work tomorrow.

Speaking of sounding good, I think those huge Sonicaps are starting to come around already. The midrange was sounding a little "boxy" and closed in last night and this morning, but all of that has gone away in the past couple hours of listening to some U2 (Achtung Baby, All That You Can't Leave Behind, & now Joshua Tree). I'm sure this is just the beginning of goodness that's to come. Probably a couple of weeks I imagine before they really settle in.

Captainhemo

« Reply #45 on: 3 Nov 2015, 06:00 am »
go back and read post 21   , Try the Acusta stuff (that's why I mentioned it before you  started this )  :lol:
Just make sure you pull it apart and fluff it up real nice

Chops

« Reply #46 on: 3 Nov 2015, 02:16 pm »
go back and read post 21   , Try the Acusta stuff (that's why I mentioned it before you  started this )  :lol:
Just make sure you pull it apart and fluff it up real nice

Well, even though it's not Acousta-Stuf Polyfill, it's still lightly fluffed in the enclosures. It's not packed in there or anything.  :wink:

Chops

« Reply #47 on: 2 May 2018, 04:32 pm »
Wow, didn't realize it's going on 3 years since I did these upgrades. It's a shame that about a month after the last post here, I moved on to a pair of Martin Logan SL3's for a while, then a couple other speakers. I never really gave these upgraded X-Statik's a chance to break-in and shine.

But here I am with them back in my system yet again (funny how that always happens with these speakers) and happier than ever. Now focusing on building a pair of H-frame OB's to go along with them, four 12" drivers per side.