Favorite BBQ sauces

srb

Re: Favorite BBQ sauces
« Reply #80 on: 3 Aug 2017, 05:53 pm »
YES! Best I've ever had [Trader Joe's Organic Sriracha and Roasted Garlic BBQ Sauce] and is great on pizza, breakfast and a dozen other things. Must try.

When you say breakfast, you're probably talking about eggs, potatoes and such.  When I get a new product, particularly a condiment or sauce, I usually go nuts trying it on everything, at least through the first bottle or jar.

However, as good as it is, I draw the line at oatmeal, pancakes and ice cream!

I often make a vinaigerette salad dressing with olive oil, balsamic vinegar and Trader Joe's wonderful Aioli Mustard Sauce.  I thought, how about a spicy tomato vinaigrette, substituting the BBQ sauce for the mustard?  Stellar!  (Adding some finely chopped capers is the crowning touch)

Steve

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #81 on: 20 Jul 2020, 11:37 pm »
Really I like about any store-bought BBQ sauce with some Sriracha mixed in.  Baby Rays is good that way, a bit of sweet and a bit of heat.

FireGuy

« Reply #82 on: 21 Jul 2020, 01:08 am »
Hak's BBQ sauce.  First had in Thailand a few years back.  Addictive.

Tom Bombadil

« Reply #83 on: 21 Jul 2020, 01:09 am »
Trader Joe's Kansas City BBQ sauce has won multiple taste tests.  But there are so many different styles of BBQ sauce, don't know which you prefer.   Their Mango Chipotle style is good too, if you like spicier sauce.   

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
« Reply #84 on: 25 Jul 2020, 10:50 pm »
Really I like about any store-bought BBQ sauce with some Sriracha mixed in.  Baby Rays is good that way, a bit of sweet and a bit of heat.
Hmm.... You'd be hard pressed to find BBQ sauce in my house, but if you did, by chance, it would be Sweet Baby Rays.
Sriracha, however, is always on hand. Will have to remember this. Thanks for the tip Rob!

lokie

« Reply #85 on: 26 Jul 2020, 01:32 am »
Kind of gotten away from BBQ sauce as well (for now).

Mixing up some Teriyaki and Soy Sauce (low sodium) along with some Cajun powder (which I'm sure is loaded w sodium) to the whole family's delight... which is not easy btw. Its pretty much good on everything... steak, pork, salmon, chicken.

I'm sure I'll get tired of it and be on to something else in the fall. Maybe need to visit Trader Joe's.