GR Research speaker audition

Audiophile NM

GR Research speaker audition
« on: 8 Mar 2020, 12:05 am »
I'm new to the AudioCircle community.

I've been an audiophile for about 45 years, and live about 40 miles east of Santa Fe, NM. I'm looking for anyone who might be willing to demo a pair of their GR Research line array speakers. I'd be interested in speaking with anyone within 6-7 hours of my location.

I've been considering a main speaker build for a few years, and after building a 4-manifold/16 driver set of infinite baffle subs using GR Research drivers and parameters, I'm convinced that I'd like to start with GR.

I plan to visit the factory in Texas in a couple of weeks, but they have no line arrays to demo currently. If I can circle up into Oklahoma or Colorado to hear a pair, that would really help. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
Re: GR Research speaker audition
« Reply #1 on: 8 Mar 2020, 12:18 am »
Welcome  :thumb:
I will move this topic to GR Research Circle.

Wind Chaser

« Reply #2 on: 8 Mar 2020, 12:36 am »
Welcome to Audio Circle.  :D

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
« Reply #3 on: 8 Mar 2020, 12:38 am »
I don't have a line array, but I do have the GR Research Super 7, you're welcome to come by and listen if you want.  I'm in Denver.

S Clark

• a riot is the language of the unheard- Dr. King
« Reply #4 on: 8 Mar 2020, 01:55 am »
I have a pair of LS9's just outslde of Abilene, TX.  but I'm a bit outside your driving range.  However, you are welcome if you want to add a few hours to your trip. 

Phil A

« Reply #5 on: 8 Mar 2020, 01:58 am »
Welcome - there's also this thread of an owner's list - https://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=99243.0

mlundy57

• Industry Participant
« Reply #6 on: 8 Mar 2020, 04:06 am »
I have the smaller version of the NX-Otica with dual servo subs. Similar in size to the Super 7s. Again, not full line arrays but you're welcome to come and listen to them. I live in Tulsa.

mikeeastman

« Reply #7 on: 8 Mar 2020, 02:05 pm »
I live outside Flagstaff about 5 hrs away. Don't have line array but have the Super 7s. Anybody welcome to have a listen.

Rock Ball

« Reply #8 on: 8 Mar 2020, 03:53 pm »
I've been considering a main speaker build for a few years, and after building a 4-manifold/16 driver set of infinite baffle subs using GR Research drivers and parameters, I'm convinced that I'd like to start with GR.

@Audiophile NM
Are you a member of the "Cult of the Infinitely Baffled"?  I built an IB sub years ago and just replaced it with OB subs.

When you visit Danny's, you may be amazed at how good the NX-Tremes sound.

Bioman

« Reply #9 on: 8 Mar 2020, 05:41 pm »
LS-9 with OB-H Frames( just breaking in).  Another few months and I'll have a pair of NX-Oticas and the LS-9's will be going up for sale.  I am in Waco TX.  Right off I-35.

Audiophile NM

« Reply #10 on: 9 Mar 2020, 02:10 pm »
I have a pair of LS9's just outslde of Abilene, TX.  but I'm a bit outside your driving range.  However, you are welcome if you want to add a few hours to your trip.

Thanks for the reply.

I'd like to take you up on your offer, if possible.

I have a visit scheduled to Danny's, coming up in two weeks, that's been long-overdue, and I think I can squeeze in a side-trip to Abilene. I'll be coming into TX on 3/21, and will be staying overnight somewhere. I could stop by either late afternoon/early evening on the 21st, or the morning of the 22nd if that can work for you.

Please let me know.

All the best,

Steve

Audiophile NM

« Reply #11 on: 13 Mar 2020, 04:51 pm »

Thanks for the offer. Please contact me via e-mail @ synergyav@outlook.com. I'll be in your area on March 21st and 22nd - Hoping we can plan a visit. Steve