Read Me First: The Music Circle Code Of Conduct

mix4fix

• Facilitator
  • I reject your music, and substitute my own.
Read Me First: The Music Circle Code Of Conduct
« on: 8 Jul 2023, 07:31 am »
I am making a template, that can be adapted into any Circle on this forum.

1. If a thread is discussing a particular subject, do not enter that thread to attack that subject, nor attack those in that thread.

If someone makes a specific music thread, or a specific media type thread, or a specific equipment type thread, or a specific music outlet thread, do not enter that thread in order to to state that you "hate Rap", "hate Metal", or anything like that. You wouldn't go to an audio festival, go to some vendors room, and attack them for using horns, tubes, or playing classical music. No. You would go to another room instead. Don't do it here under the anonymity of the internet. Same can be said to not enter a regional based Circle and attack someone that isn't part of your normal local crowd. If you don't live near me, I shouldn't have to endure it from long distance strangers.

2. What goes on in a particular circle, is for that particular circle.

Our goal is to try to keep The Music Circle thriving. I don't care if there is a dedicated Circle, or a total of a dozen threads combined in other Circles. If the subject isn't here, than let's build it here. If it is here, we can always rebuild it better.

3. Audio Circle is a discussion forum, so go ahead and discuss.

You don't have to ask permission. However, I am open for suggestions. I have a hundred ideas. I will listen to a hundred more. PM me. Let me know what you have in mind. That way, I can make suggestions or adjustments. And, I can have your back so it can be your thread. If you are discussing Reggae music, be the expert at it.

Be sure to include a audio clip or video clip that any person can access without logging into something. Typically, YouTube is a good choice. Always try to link to the actual artist's videos. If you are looking at Enya, Elvis Presley, or The Eagles, give them clicking credit.

4. Not everybody listens to only "audiophile approved music".

We like to Rock, Roll, and Rave. Some of us like Pantera, Paramore, and The Prodigy. We also like both kinds of Goth Music: The Cure and The Smiths.

5. If you have a problem with someone, use a chain of command to address it.

Discuss it in private with that person. Or, discuss it with another trusted member in order for them to address it with the person. Or discuss it with a different Facilitator to address it with that person. Or discuss it with that Circle's Facilitator to address it with that person. There are obvious steps to take in order to resolve an issue.

If that person is a Facilitator, follow the same procedure as above.

If the person is an Industry Participant, follow the same procedure as above. Obviously, vendors are not responsible for one another, even if they like each other. Don't bother Klaus if you hate H.A.L. Or, vice versa.

Admins are the last resort.

Most important is to be discreet, and act like an adult.
« Last Edit: 13 Jul 2023, 03:30 am by mix4fix »

mix4fix

• Facilitator
  • I reject your music, and substitute my own.
Re: Read Me First: The Music Circle Code Of Conduct
« Reply #1 on: 13 Jul 2023, 12:31 am »
Bump for those who can't read the rules, nor understand them.