« on: 20 Mar 2024, 08:21 pm »
deleted
« Last Edit: 20 Mar 2024, 09:57 pm by opnly bafld »

dlparker

• Dave Parker - KC, MO
    • DontKnowNuthinBoutNoComputers
Re: Terrible layout on back panel
« Reply #1 on: 20 Mar 2024, 08:28 pm »
Does AVA design their amplifiers to be mounted to the ceiling?
What is the thing with the connections being UNDER the heat sinks?
Never will buy one because of that alone, could be the best sounding amplifiers ever but I don't care. :duh:

Hmm... Openly baffled? I'm infinitely baffled.

On a related note, I can't tell you how angry I am that I have to bend down and tie my shoes. I'm just going to go barefoot...

newzooreview

« Reply #2 on: 20 Mar 2024, 09:52 pm »
I tried a Van Alstine amp many years ago. It was very easy under the 30-day satisfaction guarantee. I greatly overestimated the power I needed for my small room at the time, and the return was gracious and smooth.

If you are sincerely interested, you should give it a try. You can see from the photos on the website that there are not any rear panel connections obstructed or underneath heat sinks.

ceylon

Re: deleted
« Reply #3 on: 13 Apr 2024, 02:29 am »
deleted

got dam that was funny. i just bought one.

Rusty Jefferson

« Reply #4 on: 13 Apr 2024, 02:44 pm »
...You can see from the photos on the website that there are not any rear panel connections obstructed or underneath heat sinks.
Charles, nothing currently available has the heat sinks above the connections but earlier models did. I helped a friend with a disability install a SET 600 a couple years ago and it was tough. The amplifier being quite heavy was installed on the bottom shelf of his rack and had to hang over the rear edge to make the speaker connection with spade connectors (he preferred to not use banana plugs). That made it awkward for him to bend down and reach in to turn on the amplifier because of his disability. He liked the sound quality enough of his new AVA Amp/Preamp he got a beefier rack that accommodated having the amp on a higher shelf. Attached is a picture of how the amplifiers came until fairly recently. Not a reason not to buy one for most, but it could have been a reason for some.