A Post From Wendell at Magnepan

SteveFord

• Facilitator
  • The poodle bites, the poodle chews it.
A Post From Wendell at Magnepan
« on: 18 Mar 2017, 05:19 pm »
Wendell asked me to post this (it's also on the Planar Asylum or will be shortly) so here it is. 

I can't take time away from other tasks which are in desperate need of attention to become involved in chat room discussions. However, if any of you want to call, I would enjoy a break from the usual phone calls of what amplifier is best or how to repair a 30 year old Maggie, etc. (If you quote me, please try to be accurate. It is distressing to see my words twisted and the necessity to respond.)

Like any company, our staff would like more sales. I agree, but I point out that we should be thankful that we have survived. Business was easier in the Old Days when we had full-range planar competitors like Apogee and Acoustat. They were successful and had world-wide distribution that rivaled Magnepan. Today, there are full-range planar competitors, but if success is measured by distribution, Magnepan is #1. We have distributors in Bangladesh, South Africa, Viet Nam, not to mention China, India, etc.

After 44 years marketing Maggies, I seldom hear an idea that hasn't been tried or considered. The advice is well-intentioned. But, I don't have the time to explain our point of view. However, two principles can address many of the suggestions or criticisms----1) Changes or new models must pass blind testing. 2) The value must be overwhelming due to the ever-increasing resistance to large speakers.

So where's the smaller 20.7 I keep bugging you for? :D

twitch54

Re: A Post From Wendell at Magnepan
« Reply #1 on: 18 Mar 2017, 05:24 pm »
truer words have never been spoken, thanks for posting up Steve ..... :thumb: