Jason B's HT3's

jsalk

Jason B's HT3's
« on: 9 Feb 2006, 03:09 am »
Jason lives close to here and visited my shop while we were working on Larry Cross' HT3's.  He really liked the walnut burl used on Larry's speakers.  But I didn't think I had enough left for another pair.

Not wanting to give up, we spliced all the remaining segments of veneer and, low and behold, we had just enough to do another pair of HT3's for Jason.

The front baffles were fashioned from some walnut harvested about two years ago from a tree in Bloomfield Hills, MI.

As you can probably tell, Jason went for a hand-rubbed gloss finish.

Happy listening Jason!

- Jim

Cacophonix

Jason B's HT3's
« Reply #1 on: 9 Feb 2006, 03:36 am »
simply awesome, Jim! Walnut is my fav too!
I only wish i had space to house such floorstanders!

MaxCast

Jason B's HT3's
« Reply #2 on: 9 Feb 2006, 11:00 am »
I'm not a walnut fan, but the burl is awesome :!:

NealH

Jason B's HT3's
« Reply #3 on: 9 Feb 2006, 11:56 am »
That's really superb workmanship.   These will no doubt make the owner very happy.  Just very impressive.

Jason Buccellato

Jason B's HT3's
« Reply #4 on: 9 Feb 2006, 03:22 pm »
Here are a few quick pictures. Jim allowed me to trade in my HT1's for the HT3's. The sound is stunning - I'll follow up with more detail in a bit.

Cacophonix

Jason B's HT3's
« Reply #5 on: 9 Feb 2006, 03:55 pm »
Jim is the Hugh Hefner of the audio industry! :lol:

miklorsmith

Jason B's HT3's
« Reply #6 on: 9 Feb 2006, 04:00 pm »
Another masterpiece.  I need to convince my wife to add on to the house so I can have another audio room.

Are they happy that close to the front wall?

texas steve

Jason B's HT3's
« Reply #7 on: 10 Feb 2006, 11:21 pm »
Quote from: Jason Buccellato
Here are a few quick pictures. Jim allowed me to trade in my HT1's for the HT3's. The sound is stunning - I'll follow up with more detail in a bit.

WOW< I cant wait for mine to come - JIM, HOW ARE THEY DOING?  
Wonder how he keeps those "little fingers" off the speakers, or worse, putting toy through a driver - OUCH!!

jermmd

Jason B's HT3's
« Reply #8 on: 10 Feb 2006, 11:44 pm »
Jason,

Those are really nice. I know how happy you must be. Did you go for any upgrades?

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
Jason B's HT3's
« Reply #9 on: 10 Feb 2006, 11:59 pm »
Great as always.

Jim, will you be getting back in stock the silver TC Sounds drivers?

I really prefer the silver to the black.

George

JoshK

Jason B's HT3's
« Reply #10 on: 11 Feb 2006, 12:03 am »
I'd imagine you are in the minority George....I would be on the opposite side of the fence....then again, I am not a potential customer (not that there is anything wrong with the HT3).

Jason Buccellato

Jason B's HT3's
« Reply #11 on: 11 Feb 2006, 02:54 am »
The speakers have been moved to a less "Acoustically Challenged" location downstairs.

I didn't go with any internal upgrades, but did do the hand rubbed finish.

I'll be working on a review that I may post soon. They are, indeed, worth the wait! Though the internet can be visually focused, the audio experience from the HT3's is difficult to adequately describe. I imagine that every owner of these speakers recognizes that these may very well be the last set of speakers they purchase.

I would call my speakers, "Train Wreck Gorgeous". You cannot stop looking at them!

Papajin

Jason B's HT3's
« Reply #12 on: 11 Feb 2006, 07:30 am »
I dunno, I generally prefer the silver over the black too.  Though with me it depends on the finish it seems.  Some I think look best in black and some best in silver.  For my own (bubinga) I prefer the silver.

jsalk

Jason B's HT3's
« Reply #13 on: 11 Feb 2006, 02:37 pm »
George -

Quote from: zybar
Great as always.

Jim, will you be getting back in stock the silver TC Sounds drivers?

I really prefer the silver to the black.

George

The black TC Sounds drivers were a mistake made in the last manufacturing run.  I am expecting a new run of silver (raw aluminum) drivers in about two weeks and all future HT3's will have silver cones.

- Jim

jackman

Jason B's HT3's
« Reply #14 on: 11 Feb 2006, 05:04 pm »
I think those may be my favorite looking pair of HT3's yet.  They have a classic look that is very nice.  Walnut is very rich looking and the black woofer looks good with this combo.  NIce work!

Jason Buccellato

Jason B's HT3's
« Reply #15 on: 21 Feb 2006, 12:27 am »
I forgot to take the opportunity to publicly embarrass Jim! This summer, he and his band from the good ol' days, are being inducted into the Minnesota rock & roll hall of fame.

When picking up my speakers, I asked him about a bass guitar track found on his demo cd for the HT3's. Jim plugged in his guitar in his recording studio and went to work. For not touching the guitar in several years, it was apparent why Jim and his band were  receiving this distinction. 8)

texas steve

Jason B's HT3's
« Reply #16 on: 21 Feb 2006, 12:30 am »
Quote from: Jason Buccellato
I forgot to take the opportunity to publicly embarrass Jim! This summer, he and his band from the good ol' days, are being inducted into the Minnesota rock & roll hall of fame.

When picking up my speakers, I asked him about a base guitar track found on his demo cd for the HT3's. Jim plugged in his guitar in his recording studio and went to work. For not touching the guitar in several years, it was apparent why Jim and his band were  receiving this distinction. 8)

So, as we are all "Jim Fan's" he should include one each, CD of his "band" with every HT3s!!    JIM ARE YOU LISTINING?  

I was in a band to, 1968, "The Golden Tones", WOW, now thats old!

jsalk

Jason B's HT3's
« Reply #17 on: 21 Feb 2006, 03:10 am »
Jason -

It's the Midwest Rock Hall of Fame.  The induction ceremonies just happen to be in Minnesota.

Steve -

This dates from 1968 as well.  Guess we're about the same age.

- Jim

randybessinger

Jason B's HT3's
« Reply #18 on: 21 Feb 2006, 05:11 pm »
Quote from: jsalk
Jason -

It's the Midwest Rock Hall of Fame.  The induction ceremonies just happen to be in Minnesota.

Steve -

This dates from 1968 as well.  Guess we're about the same age.

- Jim

Jim do you have any pictures of the band you could post?

jsalk

Jason B's HT3's
« Reply #19 on: 21 Feb 2006, 10:59 pm »
Randy -

Quote from: randybessinger
Jim do you have any pictures of the band you could post?

Not of that band.  I never kept any.  I may have one from an earlier band.  I'd have to check.

- Jim