A New Speaker Company

DARTH AUDIO

Re: A New Speaker Company
« Reply #20 on: 2 Aug 2014, 11:09 pm »
Unfortunately local dealers are extinct. Plus, I would rather hear the equipment in my system. Not in a sound room. Albert offers a 90 day trial with free shipping!! I'm a longtime VSA customer. I'm on my 4th pair. Currently have the VR-35's!! Bloody Awesome speaker!!

Please note that Vortex Acoustics speakers are not sold through dealers but are instead sold “direct to consumer” for incredibly low prices that include Free Shipping and a 90-day In Home Trial Period with full refund if not satisfied.  After selling over 4,000 + pairs, only a handful have ever been returned, validating our design goals, quality, value, and overall sonic superiority!  Please Note that Vortex Acoustics Speakers are not sold outside of the USA.  Please call us at (951) 682-0706 to order. We accept personal checks or credit/debit cards.  As all speakers are custom-built to order, there is a short lead time.  Color samples are provided elsewhere on this site, and there are a few optional upgrades that you can purchase, such as Bi-Wire.  Call for more information.

boe

« Reply #21 on: 3 Aug 2014, 01:47 pm »
Hello Fellow Audiophiles,
 We have two new models coming soon, the VR-55 and the VR-66.  We will be showing the VR-55 at RMAF in October. We will be using the fantastic Constellation Audio electronics including their new music server, along with an entire loom of Master-Built cables throughout.  Even the upcoming VR-55 will use this remarkable Single Crystal lab-grade wire internally.  We certainly hope you can make it by our room for a demo!

Hello,

Will there be a new matching center channel?

ASMAN

« Reply #22 on: 4 Aug 2014, 07:25 pm »
I for one would be happy to demo my VR-22's for anyone in my area interested following referral by VSA.
I had one gentleman over to hear as he was contemplating a purchase, though I don't how he decided.
My only worry is about my room, not with the speakers themselves.

This is the first speaker purchase I have made that I wasn't looking farther up the chain for a higher end model. I am a happy camper.
Marlin

sounddog

« Reply #23 on: 4 Aug 2014, 09:23 pm »
I would be interested in hearing the VR-22 or VR-33 speakers if there's anyone within, say, a couple of hundred miles of Asheville, NC, who's willing to demo them.

es347

• Facilitator
  • ..I've got my eye on you...which one you say?
« Reply #24 on: 4 Aug 2014, 09:55 pm »
A friend came by my room to audition a pair of 33's I had on loan from Albert and he ended up buying them  :thumb:

lenkevy

« Reply #25 on: 4 Aug 2014, 11:14 pm »
Before this change, all the speakers were being offered at factory-direct-prices.  Now, only the Vortex speakers are going to be offered at factory-direct pricing.  Approximately, how much will the Von Schweikert speakers rise in price - and when?  It seems reasonable to expect an increase, given the transition from the previous factory-direct pricing to the new through-a-dealer pricing.

JackD201

« Reply #26 on: 5 Aug 2014, 08:58 am »
The 22 and the 33 are already factory direct so I don't expect major price changes. I think we also have to make a distinction between factory direct price and dealer price. The former can not be the same or or lower than the latter. That would kill export sales. Nobody can do international home trials. That's where dealers are totally needed.

Cabinets represent the bulk of the costs since Albert doesn't skimp on parts so expect that the look for the factory direct models will be different (cloth instead of veneer and automotive paints). Maybe there will be veneers in the future but not exotic ones with lacquer finishes. Satin at most. They will still look great but they wont be fancy. In other words savings will be derived from visual aesthetics.

Personally I think it is a good strategy. With the 22 and 33 in the VR line, the design language looks disjointed. Business wise, the first look is very important. You want your product to be easily identifiable as part of the same line. They should share the same features as well, like the rear ambience tweeter present from the 44 to the 111. The only thing that bums me out as a foreign distributor is that I can't sell the 22 and the 33 anywhere near what you in the US can get them for. With taxes, duties and freight a 22 would cost $4,000 landed, that's without any mark up. They may be covered in cloth but they are still made of the right materials, are heavy and inert. Nothing like the speakers in big box stores that you can play bongos off of. The bright side is that the Unifield line is around for our clients with smaller spaces.

I have an idea where the VR line is headed but I think it best to leave the detailed explaining to Albert. Albert has told me that he intends to have semi-active versions (bass) for all VR models and that is the reason for the body change of the 5s.  FWIW the ribbon rear wouldn't work on the 5's MT cabinet either. Not to mention that with the incorporation of the masterbuilt internal cabling which has very little transmission loss, the need to space out the crossovers is negated. This is good news for the buyers since many will now have the choice to single wire (even if bi-wire is a bit better).

gammajo

« Reply #27 on: 5 Aug 2014, 03:18 pm »
After years of dealing with Albert I know quality will be maintained. I would happy to offer audiitons of my VR5 MK2's with Albert's referral. It would be a great way to meet people interest in fine music from my area.

harley52

« Reply #28 on: 14 Aug 2014, 08:06 pm »
I've never owned nor heard a VSA speaker, but the next speakers I buy will be the VR22 or 33. I need to make up my mind if at 60 something I'm willing to mess with apprx. 85lbs per speaker or 105 lbs each. I been around this stuff since the early 80's and from what I've read and been told about Albert and his house sound, all builders have a house sound for lack of better words, I'll buy the '22's or the '33's as soon as the insurance company sends the check for everything that was stolen. :nono: I feel that anything Albert fools with is at the top of the industries respected and revered products and I don't feel slighted at all by purchasing a product that's from a subsidiary of VSA.

es347

• Facilitator
  • ..I've got my eye on you...which one you say?
« Reply #29 on: 14 Aug 2014, 09:26 pm »
..correctamundo Harley!  :thumb:

gammajo

« Reply #30 on: 14 Aug 2014, 10:36 pm »
Harley I am 64. If you have the speakers on a smooth surface such as wood, I have found with Herbies Gliders under the stock speaker spikes, that I can move the heavies around easily and they have improved the sound. Niot sure how they would work on carpet but also should glide over that as well. so I had another person present at setup initially to get them out of box and tip them to put on spikes, them was fine from there on my own. Hope this helps
Joe