Introduction

msamuells

Introduction
« on: 24 Nov 2020, 11:39 pm »
Hello All,
I am a music lover and enjoy working with home AV equipment. I am an IT Director by trade and I have been working with technology and electronics most of my adult life.

I have a couple of audio set up’s in my house.

My main audio/theater system consists of a Marantz SR-7013 AVR, Klipsch RP-8000F main speakers, dual Klipsch R-112 subs, Klipsch RC-62 II center channel, Klipsch RP-500SA Atmos speakers, Klipsch CDT-5650-C II in ceiling surrounds. Just ordered a SMSL M400 DAC to connect to a Roon core, running Tidal.

In my main living area I have an Onkyo TX-RZ820 AVR, paired up with KIipsch RF-62 II main speakers, Klipsch RC-62 II center channel, Klipsch CDT-5800-C II in ceiling surrounds, Klipsch RW-12D sub

I am not thrilled with the RP8000 speakers and I ran across this site and the GR Research YouTube channel when I was doing some research on the speaker challenges. I am seriously considering building an upgraded crossover with the GR Research kit.  I have upgraded crossovers in the past with Crites kits, but I have never built one from scratch.

I am working to learn more about room acoustics and the processes for analyzing room audio frequencies, etc. 

Glad to be here and hope to learn a lot.

-Mark

FullRangeMan

• Facilitator
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
Re: Introduction
« Reply #1 on: 25 Nov 2020, 12:42 am »
Welcome Mark.

ArthurDent

• Don't Panic / Mostly Harmless
« Reply #2 on: 25 Nov 2020, 03:35 pm »
Greetings & Welcome to AC Mark   :thumb:

Phil A

« Reply #3 on: 25 Nov 2020, 11:24 pm »
Welcome!