Cherry Amp DTM’s Reviewed!

sumoking

Cherry Amp DTM’s Reviewed!
« on: 5 Jun 2020, 12:13 am »
Review of the Cherry Amplifier DTM!
No stranger to AC, but an amp whose time has come.

https://youtu.be/U4TpFf54ZzY

Cheers!

audio2addict

Re: Cherry Amp DTM’s Reviewed!
« Reply #1 on: 5 Jun 2020, 05:36 pm »
Did you audition the standard before deciding on the King?

sumoking

« Reply #2 on: 6 Jun 2020, 04:13 am »
I didn’t. The sale price was reasonable and I always had a better experience when I got the best power supplies on other amps, so I thought I would go straight to the 60v version.
If your looking to spend less right now, you can always upgrade later on. I understand the 48v version is excellent.
Cheers!

RonN5

« Reply #3 on: 6 Jun 2020, 12:45 pm »
One of the things that a lot of us wonder when he hear about a great product is..."how would it work in my system with my other equipment"?  A review like this, when combined with other reviews, lets people know that Cherry Amps sound great with lots of speakers...and for that matter, with Spatial Audio Open Baffles. 

Thanks for a good review....I own the 2Cherry...far and away the best sounding amp I've ever owned!  I'm guessing that other amp manufacturers are not going to send samples for review.

Maybe Tommy and Clayton should pair up in the future if/when live audio shows return.

rajacat

• Washington State
« Reply #4 on: 6 Jun 2020, 05:57 pm »
Review of the Cherry Amplifier DTM!
No stranger to AC, but an amp whose time has come.

https://youtu.be/U4TpFf54ZzY

Cheers!

Sounds like he works for DAC. :roll:

AvsFan

« Reply #5 on: 11 Jun 2020, 04:54 am »
One of the things that a lot of us wonder when he hear about a great product is..."how would it work in my system with my other equipment"?  A review like this, when combined with other reviews, lets people know that Cherry Amps sound great with lots of speakers...and for that matter, with Spatial Audio Open Baffles. 

Thanks for a good review....I own the 2Cherry...far and away the best sounding amp I've ever owned!  I'm guessing that other amp manufacturers are not going to send samples for review.

Maybe Tommy and Clayton should pair up in the future if/when live audio shows return.

I wondered that myself with my crossover-less Omega speakers and little 4” drivers. People on the Omega forum have gone on and on about fleawatt SET amps being the only way to go and I bought into it. Well until we, meaning the amp builder and myself figured out something was wrong with it and I returned it. I was like, “what the heck, I’ll try my ridiculously, overkill, 270 watts per channel Golden Cherry Monoblocks on them. Well that absolutely blew away the theory that Omega’s don’t sound good with a lot of power. FALSE. Maybe other SS amps, but not Tommy’s smooth as butter amplifiers.

fredgarvin

« Reply #6 on: 11 Jun 2020, 03:05 pm »
Sounds like he works for DAC. :roll:
Click on his channel, Audio Talk.

audio2addict

« Reply #7 on: 11 Jun 2020, 10:41 pm »
I have decided to give the DTM a try with my Legacy Audio Aeries.  Ordered the Black Cherry with the triple rail and the 60Volt power supply.  They will be competing against my Clayton Audio M70s which Are 140 wpc Class A into the Aeries 4 ohms.  The Aeries also use a 500 wpc ICE amp on the lower sub bass driver.

audio2addict

« Reply #8 on: 28 Jun 2020, 01:40 am »
I have decided to give the DTM a try with my Legacy Audio Aeries.  Ordered the Black Cherry with the triple rail and the 60Volt power supply.  They will be competing against my Clayton Audio M70s which Are 140 wpc Class A into the Aeries 4 ohms.  The Aeries also use a 500 wpc ICE amp on the lower sub bass driver.

Right now I am so surprised by the GCM at low volumes.  My Class A Clayton M70s lost the dynamics at low levels like 60 db.  Not so with the GCM.  The ability to listen has allowed me to put my headphones down.  I have acquired quite the collection chasing the sonics of my 2 channel setup.  I won't give them up but is great knowing I now have both options available.👍👍

AvsFan

« Reply #9 on: 30 Jun 2020, 08:16 pm »
Right now I am so surprised by the GCM at low volumes.  My Class A Clayton M70s lost the dynamics at low levels like 60 db.  Not so with the GCM.  The ability to listen has allowed me to put my headphones down.  I have acquired quite the collection chasing the sonics of my 2 channel setup.  I won't give them up but is great knowing I now have both options available.👍👍

Yeah, I am always going on about the amazing dynamics at higher volumes but late night and lower listening levels are a joy! All of the dynamics, bass and details are there in spades. I've used my GC's to power my ZU's and Omega's, both with great results.