Bryston Preamp Remote With BP6

ifftay

Bryston Preamp Remote With BP6
« on: 20 Sep 2018, 06:21 pm »
Does the older Bryston Preamp remote work with the BP6 preamp?
Or, do you need the newer BR2?

veloceleste

Re: Bryston Preamp Remote With BP6
« Reply #1 on: 20 Sep 2018, 11:02 pm »
Does the older Bryston Preamp remote work with the BP6 preamp?
Or, do you need the newer BR2?
Hi. I don't know the answer about the older Bryston remote control working with the BP6, but if it does not a Logitech Harmony 665 remote will operate the volume and mute.

ifftay

« Reply #2 on: 21 Sep 2018, 05:21 pm »
Thanks for the info about the Harmony 665.
I really like the simplicity of the Bryston preamp remote control so I'm hoping to get that working.
I'll check out the Harmony if the Bryston remote won't work.

ifftay

« Reply #3 on: 6 Nov 2018, 01:24 pm »
This remote *does* work with the BP6 preamp. I found out that you need to set the remote to the correct device type.
You can find the device type by pressing the "up volume" and "down volume" buttons at the same time and hold them for 2 seconds. The LED at the front will flash a number of times. It should flash twice to operate the BP6.
You can change the device type by pressing the "mute" button and "volume up" (or "volume down") at the same time and holding for 2 seconds. This will change the device type up or down. Change the device type to 2 flashes to operate the BP6.

AlZ

« Reply #4 on: 25 Jun 2019, 11:35 am »
Thanks for the above method with the Bryston remote!  This with an older B60R, the spousal unit said the remote stopped working... so she swapped out the battery, still no luck. So I eventually get around to checking, and having read this thread, applied this method - tried devices 1 thru 4, no joy. Was about to check with Bryston for an RTA, then thought “why not try the other direction”. Boom! Device ‘0’ it is! Thanks!