Office system - space constrained.

ajy55906

« on: 4 May 2006, 09:09 pm »
I am interested in putting a set of speakers in my office in an office building.

I will be listening in Nearfield, only at low volumes.  I have a Sophia Baby amp - 10 watts pp - and a tuner as the only source.  Tuner is likely to be tuned to a public radio classical station.

I am space constrained.  They will either be in a confined bookcase, or possibly in a corner, abutting a side and back walls. Stands or floor mounting is possible.  Listening height is desk level.  In any event, they must be positioned next to back wall.

I suppose the Me may work.  Any other thoughts?

Alan

:(

onemug

« Reply #1 on: 6 May 2006, 05:31 am »
The Super 3's are front ported so should work well up against a back wall. They sound great in the nearfield. I love mine. Good luck.

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #2 on: 6 May 2006, 05:45 am »
I will be listening in Nearfield, only at low volumes. I have a Sophia Baby amp - 10 watts pp
    The Baby will sound good with the Omega's. I own one as well...and a pair of Omega A8's. Its a nice combo... 8) [/list:u]
      Happy listening !!![/list:u]

JLM

• The elephant normally IS the room
« Reply #3 on: 6 May 2006, 01:18 pm »
Louis may also be able to build a pair of TS3's (narrow baffle version of the Super 3).  The Super 3 fills in the mid-bass very nicely versus the sort of thin sounding TS3.  But those comparisons are standmounted in open air.  The thinness of the TS3 might work to your advantage when used in a bookcase.  BTW, the TS3 retailed for $400/pair.