Limited edition new NX-Otica and NX-Treme models coming soon too.

studley

Thanks

Captainhemo

hey folks,
Sorry for the delay in getting these going,  first  couple pairs were just cut, we're  getting a pair out to Danny  ASAP.
Here's a few  pics 

They do have a presence  8)

jay

ebag4

They do have a presence  8)

jay

Yes they do!  Wow :o, nice job Jay, that's a lot of speaker!  I like it  :thumb:.

Best,
Ed

mlundy57

• Industry Participant
+1  :green:

Guy 13

Hi Jay,
usualy monsters are ungly,
but this monster in size is beautiful...
Nice job.

Guy 13

Captainhemo

Thanks guys,  been lots of delays getting to this point with the cabinets.
Really anxious to get a pair  to Danny so he can work his magic  and make his kits available  :thumb:

jay

Ron

Nice work Jay. They look great !  Anxious to see pictures of the finished speakers and a report on how they sound.

david45

Nice work Jay. They look great !  Anxious to see pictures of the finished speakers and a report on how they sound.

Same here!! Keep us posted!  :D

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
Jay,

Those are not small speakers, are they?

I really look forward to listening to them in late August when Melody and I are in the area again.  :D  We ought to arrive in/near Kelowna by the 23rd or 24th, and stay for up to one week.

Captainhemo

Jay,

Those are not small speakers, are they?

I really look forward to listening to them in late August when Melody and I are in the area again.  :D  We ought to arrive in/near Kelowna by the 23rd or 24th, and stay for up to one week.

Hey Michael
Looking forward to seeing the both of you.  Should be anotyher fun  evening (hopefully evenings) !
Yeah, they are big but also pretty sleek looking. 
I know I'm short but that cabinet makes me look 3' tall ,  I'm not quie that short   :lol:

jay

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
You're no Hobbit, Jay. You're taller than my father-in-law.  :)

gregfisk

• Restricted
  • Us alone in the universe? sure is a waste of SPACE
Jay, those look amazing! I had no idea they would be that big.

Are these going to play any lower than their little brother, or are we still going to need the servo subs with them? I'm guessing the latter.

The cool thing is people can buy and build everything and save a ton of money, and get a top of the line speaker to boot.

Way to go Jay!

glynnw

• I have tin ears.
I am confused.  Is this tall piece of heaven the NX-Otica or the NX-Treme?

Captainhemo

I am confused.  Is this tall piece of heaven the NX-Otica or the NX-Treme?

This one is the NX-Treme cabinet, it  has 4 M165NQ's for mids and 6 M165's for the low end woofers vs the NX-Ottica  which has  2 NQ's for the mids and 4 M165's for the lows.

Greg,  still going to need the servo subs.. I believe these will roll off  at the same point a the Otticas. Should be  a boost in efficiency  to 95-96 db .... Danny  will be able to help more  with regards to that 

jay

Captainhemo

Here's a pair glued up and some initial prep work done

jay

Vedder323

• vinyl reviews and more, check out Newrecordday.com
    • New Record Day
Here's a pair glued up and some initial prep work done

jay

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

mlundy57

• Industry Participant
No way could I ever fit those in my house but it is fun watching  :thumb:

Mike

gregfisk

• Restricted
So Jay, what is the height on these? Looks like about 8' or more depending on how tall you really are.

Captainhemo

No way could I ever fit those in my house but it is fun watching  :thumb:

Mike

Nor can I  Mike , thankfully  Don lives fairly close by  !

So Jay, what is the height on these? Looks like about 8' or more depending on how tall you really are.
7'  Gregg

jay

gregfisk

• Restricted
Nor can I  Mike , thankfully  Don lives fairly close by  !
 7'  Gregg

jay

Wow Jay, the way the picture looks you are about 4 foot tall. Michael said you're no Hobbit (which I'm a huge fan by he way) so it's deceptive how big they look.

You really did a great job of making these look elegant and not too bulky. They are really a nice looking design and I look forward to seeing a pair finished. Still trying to figure out how to swing a pair, you told me the best idea awhile back but that might be hard to convince a certain other person in the house.