Another member joins the Pak

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
« on: 23 Dec 2003, 11:54 pm »
:D RoomPak that is. After doing some researching on acoustical room treatments, I came to the conclusion that not only is Eighth Nerve's RoomPak the best deal going, it's also the most appealing to me regardless to the lack of color choices. I ended up going thru Phil at Sonic Spirit's which turned out to be a true pleasure. He's a credit to NY's audio business. And I'd like to thank Nathan Loyer for trying to get a hold of me, we never could seem to touch bases. As did Byteme, I'll be posting my reactions to this "final" piece of the puzzle. (yea right :roll:) Hopefully after this purchase, I can take a spending break til next year.   :rotflmao:   Regards, Robin

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
Re: Another member joins the Pak
« Reply #1 on: 24 Dec 2003, 06:48 am »
Quote from: satfrat
Hopefully after this purchase, I can take a spending break til next year.  Regards, Robin
Don't worry Robin, next year is only 7 days away! Keep that CC warm !! :lol:

witchdoctor

« Reply #2 on: 1 Jan 2004, 12:38 am »
Hi Robin,
For you to drop the kilobucks you did this year and NOT get room treatment would be like throwing money out the window. You will be shocked at what you have been missing, and the room pak costs basically the same as a power cord. I would say my 8th Nerve room treatment made a type of upgrade you just can't get any other way. Anyone who drops more than a grand on a system is basically not getting the full sound without a great room, and 8th Nerve was the best value I could find available.

satfrat

• Restricted
« Reply #3 on: 1 Jan 2004, 12:52 am »
Quote from: witchdoctor
Hi Robin,
For you to drop the kilobucks you did this year and NOT get room treatment would be like throwing money out the window. You will be shocked at what you have been missing, and the room pak costs basically the same as a power cord. I would say my 8th Nerve room treatment made a type of upgrade you just can't get any other way. Anyone who drops more than a grand on a system is basically not getting the full sound without a great room, and 8th Nerve was the best value I could find available.
                 I wholeheartedly agree, but for my rooom, I have quite a bit of dampening already with 3  5'x6' isolated shades in a 11' x 17' carpeted room. But I have no doubts that a RoomPak (which I cancelled my order for) will help out ANY room. Because I have 2 of these shades closely bordering the front right and left rear corners, there was issues with the seams/corners installation there. So instead, I ordered Golden Sounds Acoustic Discs for the corners and 2 8th Nerve Echos for the back and bare left wall. This is where I'll start. Regards, Robin

satfrat

• Restricted
« Reply #4 on: 1 Jan 2004, 12:56 am »
Quote from: witchdoctor
Hi Robin,
                 I wholeheartedly agree, but for my rooom, I have quite a bit of dampening already with 3  5'x6' isolated shades in a 11' x 17' carpeted room. But I have no doubts that a RoomPak (which I cancelled my order for) will help out ANY room. Because I have 2 of these shades closely bordering the front right and left rear corners, there was issues with the seams/corners installation there. So instead, I ordered Golden Sounds Acoustic Discs for the corners and 2 8th Nerve Echos for the back and bare left wall. This is where I'll start. Regards, Robin