new song 3 encores

skidro

new song 3 encores
« on: 27 Aug 2019, 03:26 pm »
I took delivery of a pair of curly walnut song3 encores a week ago and would like to report that these speakers are magnificent. I already have other salk speakers.... a pair of standard songtowers, a pair of ht-1 bookshelves, and a pair of ht-2tl's which were my main 2-channel music only system and which the encores replaced. This is a CD only system with a woo audio WTP-1 transport and WDS-1 dac/pre straight to a pair of emotiva XPA-1 monoblocs out to the encores. I was always impressed by the clarity and impact of the ht-2's, but the encores are superior and really special. I loved the ribbon, but think I actually hear a bit more detail from the beryllium tweet of the encores and it is smooth, sweet and musical. Midrange is so transparent and detailed while retaining that same smoothness, clarity and musicality. A definite step up from the ht-2's. Then comes the fantastic bass from the satori woofer...really tight and impactful, just incredible. This will most likely be the last pair of speakers that I ever buy (retired, 62 years old) as I feel it would cost far more than I could afford to better them by any great amount. I know some may not agree with my choice of the emotiva momoblocs, but they really do a masterful job in this system. My thanks to Jim once again for a simply excellent, magnificent and beautiful creation of audio magic!!!!!!

skidro

Yomaha

Re: new song 3 encores
« Reply #1 on: 28 Aug 2019, 10:02 pm »
skidro,

That's great to read how wonderful those Encores are!  Just curious, what made you choose the Encore's versus something like the BeAT's, if there was ever any consideration?

Thanks!

skidro

« Reply #2 on: 29 Aug 2019, 11:43 am »
I did consider the entire song3 lineup. I did want to try the beryllium tweeter as I have read so many good reviews of them in various applications, but I also wanted the low end response that reaches down to 25 Hz with the Encores. The new midrange also seemed interesting as well. I am glad I picked the Encores as they have thoroughly delighted me so far. Quite an amazing speaker!!

skidro

bwcarpe

« Reply #3 on: 29 Aug 2019, 01:16 pm »
I also snagged a pair of Song 3 Encores in curly walnut and couldn't be happier with them.  The BeATs were tempting but the deeper bass response from the Encores was just too good to pass up.  I notice Jim's website is lacking customer reviews for the Encores so if you have a pair by all means speak up!

lewdogg

« Reply #4 on: 1 Sep 2019, 12:27 am »
PHOTOS!!!  :D :D :D

Single Malt

« Reply #5 on: 27 Oct 2019, 03:51 am »
Pics or it never happened! :nono: