MM S2.10

Marius

Re: MM S2.10
« Reply #20 on: 13 Jan 2015, 10:13 am »
HI Chris,

News link takes me to http://bryston-bdp-1.local/NEWS, but displays an empty page.
Ill check http://bryston-bdp-1.local/bryston/settings/update-firmware.php#beta for updates, just did and found one ;-)

Cheers,
Marius

Hi Marious,

Other then to check it periodically, not yet.  The NEWS link is suppose to take you to the MPD change log.

Cheers
Chris

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #21 on: 14 Jan 2015, 01:40 am »
Unless you place the BDP into service mode I can't tell you why the link isn't working

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #22 on: 14 Jan 2015, 01:43 am »
sucessfully loaded MM2.10 on the BDP-1 but having trouble updated artist view DB.  gets to about 60% and locks up, creating music dropouts.  Partitioned 500 GB HDD, with about 10000 tracks.

Similar result without tracks selected or playing.

If it's crashing it should generate an error that should appear next time you bring up the dashboard.  Clicking the alert should take you to the log, start by checking if it's crashing at the same point each time.  Yes a BDP-1 will suffer playback issues while this database builds.

Cheers
Chris

Marius

« Reply #23 on: 16 Jan 2015, 09:17 pm »
HI Chris,

Latest beta 01-12 broke my bdp1. It will load the initial MM interface, but immediately displays 'MPD appears not to be responding'. I can't get it to play anything, not through MM, Mpad or buttons on the frontpanel

what to do?
servicemode (30) and please have a look?

Thks
Marius

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #24 on: 4 Feb 2015, 12:32 am »
Some very basic support for tidal available in the latest beta build, see the below link for more info

http://support.bryston.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=198

Cheers,
Chris

Marius

« Reply #25 on: 11 Feb 2015, 09:36 pm »
HI Chris,

I had missed the root entry in Mac/finder on bryston-bdp-1.local server. Forgot i had loaded the beta software, and maybe developer mode had been disabled, so ssh'd and entered developer mode again. Alas, still no Root in sight.

I've got the usb drives, and User. Developer mode showed the NAS drive in the bdp again (had disappeared before too), but no Root. Can't we enable this again?

Thanks,
Marius

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #26 on: 12 Feb 2015, 01:58 am »
Hi Marius,

I'll see about adding it, but I have been concentrating on tidal the last couple of weeks.  If you stop and then start the samba service it will recreate the samba config file and include network shares for your network shares, or atleast it should.

Cheers
Chris

Marius

« Reply #27 on: 12 Feb 2015, 07:57 am »
Hey Chris, thanks,

the network share is shown in Finder right now, the Root is still missing. Any service for that to restart, or do you need to enable that in the firmware?

did you find a solution yet for the 'installing mpd' message after each restart? right now it seems the bdp remains in the process of installing, while in fact it is not?

Marius

Hi Marius,

I'll see about adding it, but I have been concentrating on tidal the last couple of weeks.  If you stop and then start the samba service it will recreate the samba config file and include network shares for your network shares, or atleast it should.

Cheers
Chris

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #28 on: 13 Feb 2015, 02:30 am »
Hey Chris, thanks,

the network share is shown in Finder right now, the Root is still missing. Any service for that to restart, or do you need to enable that in the firmware?

did you find a solution yet for the 'installing mpd' message after each restart? right now it seems the bdp remains in the process of installing, while in fact it is not?

Marius

Sorry, I ripped out the root filesystem access; I'll see about enabling a developer mode of some kind to allow access.  I can't say I have witnessed the messaging stating up, usually it's cleared by MPD state change. 

Marius

« Reply #29 on: 14 Feb 2015, 05:46 pm »
Maybe related to the mdp issue: after each update, i get the mpd  not responding error message.

On the services tab, MPD is not selected after updating, and selecting it does not show the tick in the box. It takes at least 3 minutes for the mpd to be available after ticking it.

And even then: the installing mpd message on the frontpanel is displayed.

Would be very user friendly to heave it dissappear when ready, or state so: BDP ready.

Cheers,
Marius

Sorry, I ripped out the root filesystem access; I'll see about enabling a developer mode of some kind to allow access.  I can't say I have witnessed the messaging stating up, usually it's cleared by MPD state change.

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #30 on: 15 Feb 2015, 02:41 am »
Maybe related to the mdp issue: after each update, i get the mpd  not responding error message.

On the services tab, MPD is not selected after updating, and selecting it does not show the tick in the box. It takes at least 3 minutes for the mpd to be available after ticking it.

And even then: the installing mpd message on the frontpanel is displayed.

Would be very user friendly to heave it dissappear when ready, or state so: BDP ready.

Cheers,
Marius

updating the music database?

Marius

« Reply #31 on: 15 Feb 2015, 08:13 am »
NO Chris,

i don't think so. Its with every restart, and I've disabled the auto update in settings.

Marius

updating the music database?

Marius

« Reply #32 on: 15 Feb 2015, 11:26 am »
HI Chris,

On entering developer mode you previously instructed as follows:
root@bryston-bdp-1:~# echo dev > /mnt/img/dev
root@bryston-bdp-1:~# reboot.sh

reboot.sh gives this though:

-bash: reboot.sh: command not found
root@bryston-bdp-1:~# reboot

command reboot (enter) does reboot, is that the same? Why won't reboot.sh work anymore?

Marius

Marius

« Reply #33 on: 15 Feb 2015, 11:40 am »
Hi Chris,

Been giving this some more 'testing'. It appears doing nothing results in the same: BDP in a ready state, with MPD enabled, no more MPD message shown. Seems the BDP just takes quite a longer while than expected to start up completely.
Sorry for the confusion i may have caused..

Only confusing thing left is the front panel display still displaying the installing MPD message. Take that out, speed up the startup process a bit, and all is well i guess.
Thx.

Cheers,
Marius

NO Chris,

i don't think so. Its with every restart, and I've disabled the auto update in settings.

Marius

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #34 on: 16 Feb 2015, 03:57 am »
sucessfully loaded MM2.10 on the BDP-1 but having trouble updated artist view DB.  gets to about 60% and locks up, creating music dropouts.  Partitioned 500 GB HDD, with about 10000 tracks.

Similar result without tracks selected or playing.

Is an error message generated on the dashboard?

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #35 on: 16 Feb 2015, 04:00 am »
NO Chris,

Marius

reboot.sh was replaced by restart.sh, next time mpd crashes, check dashboard for error messages.

Marius

« Reply #36 on: 21 Feb 2015, 05:08 pm »
HI Chris,

renaming some folders and clicking the+ sing next to it does bring them up in the grey area, but it leaves the old folder names there too :scratch: is this a software glitch or expected behavior, forcing us to click the update button and updating the full database in case of folder renaming?

unnamed cd1 cd2 cd3 (old names) next to the new named folders.

Marius

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #37 on: 21 Feb 2015, 05:27 pm »
HI Chris,

renaming some folders and clicking the+ sing next to it does bring them up in the grey area, but it leaves the old folder names there too :scratch: is this a software glitch or expected behavior, forcing us to click the update button and updating the full database in case of folder renaming?

unnamed cd1 cd2 cd3 (old names) next to the new named folders.

Marius

That'll require a global update of the database

Marius

« Reply #38 on: 23 Feb 2015, 03:15 pm »
HI Chris,

upon close inspection, i suddenly noticed this:

It is taken away building a playlist, but what is it? As far as I know, MM is on MPD 0.18.21, so is this even correct?

Cheers,
Marius

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #39 on: 23 Feb 2015, 04:09 pm »
its clearly burn in from your monitor  :lol:

on a serious note, i have noticed that, i just keep forgetting about it.  There's a similar issue with the library view on the right that pop's up occasionally.

I'll try to remember to fix it some point this week.