Argos v2 for metal music?

quickhook82

Argos v2 for metal music?
« on: 8 Sep 2020, 02:45 pm »
Hi all, am considering a 2nd hand Argos v2, and was wondering other than the usual jazz and vocals, whether anyone uses these speakers for metal, and how is it?

Im more concerned about the freq resp. Between 80 to 100hz, and cant seem to find any graph.

vinyl_lady

Re: Argos v2 for metal music?
« Reply #1 on: 8 Sep 2020, 03:52 pm »
Before purchasing my Apollo 11s, I had a set of DA 1.1 v2 with all the available upgrades. The Argos take the DA-1.1s to the next level. My music preferences are classic rock, alternative rock, country rock and indie rock. Led Zeppelin is about as hard as I get. My DA 1.1s reproduced all of my collection with realism, great detail, imaging and tonal accuracy. The two 8" woofers had no problem reproducing the 80-100 hz range. I have owned 3 different sets of Lou's speakers and have listened to other models at various audio shows reproducing all kinds of music. I believe they are an excellent choice no matter what type of music one prefers.

jriggy

« Reply #2 on: 9 Sep 2020, 01:39 am »
I had the Argos (had to sell for personal reasons) and we would often play Zepplin, Sabath, Primus, Queens of The Stone Age, etc. They are a full range speaker, go down to around 28hz and will certainly have no trouble with 80 - 100hz. But they do not have an exaggerated or emphasized upper bass region, if that’s what you’re looking for, but are certainly not lacking in that range at all. The texture and realism to guitars and bass guitars is fantastic.

quickhook82

« Reply #3 on: 12 Sep 2020, 01:06 pm »
Thanks all. Ive been trying to look for speakers that can play really fast (tied to amps damping factor?) as power and thrash metal can go quite fast up the bpm.

Currently using Nola Contender with Modwright KWA150SE, and while it can play almost anything else, metal is a problem.

advanced101

« Reply #4 on: 13 Sep 2020, 09:40 pm »
Where so you live?  Might be able to find a nearby member.

Bones13

« Reply #5 on: 14 Sep 2020, 10:41 am »
Played a fair amount of Deadmau5 this weekend, with my, now, broken in Muse Studios. One of the things I remarked on was how fast they are. The pre-amp was set at -10 dB, and it was loud.

I use mine for many varieties of music, and 2 channel video use. I have not found a deficit yet. I have a small room, with small speakers that go down to mid 30s on specs. Be sure to size for your room/listening level.

You could, of course seek someone close to you, or wait for Lou’s show, next year, and bing some music to demo.

Sébastien

« Reply #6 on: 14 Sep 2020, 01:00 pm »
Hi,
Daedalus Audio will be able to reproduce all types of music with a great reality of timbres and harmonies. Before the Daedalus speakers show their limits, it will certainly be the electronics, the processing of the listening room, the recording quality, our ears and our brain that will be responsible for any delays.