Six Acoustic - Phono Preamp Launch

Six Acoustic

• Industry Participant
Six Acoustic - Phono Preamp Launch
« on: 15 Apr 2020, 06:57 pm »
Hello Circle!

I am Steve, founder of Six Acoustic, and we are a relatively new company. I've been in the audio industry for over 30 years on the OEM side of things. I have decided to move to the customer facing side of the business to open a new channel for the enjoyment of our products. In particular, we have just launched a new phono preamp through Kickstarter and would love to spread the news:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/sixacoustic/the-york-an-ultra-high-fidelity-phono-preamp

The campaign ends Sunday.

You can view our website here:

https://www.sixacoustic.com/

All products designed by Six Acoustic are Made in Canada. We hope to launch a variety of new products over the coming year.

What sets us apart? We try to deliver an elite level of precision and transparency that, in my experience, are not available at these price points.

Stay safe and healthy,
Steve Meszlenyi
Six Acoustic

« Last Edit: 2 May 2020, 06:23 am by Six Acoustic »

Six Acoustic

• Industry Participant
Re: Six Acoustic - Phono Preamp Launch
« Reply #1 on: 17 Apr 2020, 08:26 pm »
It may seem that my post is a shameless promotion of our Kickstarter campaign... it is  :D. What better way to get the word out to audiophiles? I would not say that we are typically in the habit of such things but given the end of our campaign nearing, it seems fitting.

I do however apologize for the enormous company logo which wound up at the bottom of the previous post. Not being familiar with this platform, I simply added the logo, which is a 1" square and now it seems to dominate the post. It should have only been slightly larger than the signature.

Health and happiness to all in this challenging time,
Steve @ Six Acoustic

[Update May 2, 2020]
I have discovered the means and have duly removed the obnoxiously large image and logo. Hope that helps.
« Last Edit: 2 May 2020, 06:22 am by Six Acoustic »

Six Acoustic

• Industry Participant
« Reply #2 on: 2 May 2020, 12:09 am »
[Updated]

For those interested in testing their preamps, we have a reverse RIAA to aid your experiments:

https://www.sixacoustic.com/product-page/inverse-riaa

cheers and continued good health,
Steve
Six Acoustic
« Last Edit: 2 May 2020, 06:30 am by Six Acoustic »

ArthurDent

• Don't Panic / Mostly Harmless
« Reply #3 on: 2 May 2020, 02:51 am »
Greetings & Welcome to AC Steve   :thumb:  Good luck with your endeavor.

Six Acoustic

• Industry Participant
« Reply #4 on: 2 May 2020, 06:18 am »
Thank you for the warm welcome! I look forward to interacting with the good folks of the AudioCircle community... and to learn and share knowledge, experience, and to gain a broader perspective on the enthusiasm that draws focus to these topics.

Steve
Six Acoustic

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
« Reply #5 on: 2 May 2020, 06:34 am »
Steve,

Welcome to AC.

Care to introduce yourself a little? You know, tell the reader what led you to develop your products, your experience, and why I (or anyone) should part with $$$ for your phono preamp?

As it happens, I have an old TT that I haven't used in close to 4 years because I don't have a phono preamp - and because I've got a really good tube DAC.

Michael

Six Acoustic

• Industry Participant
« Reply #6 on: 6 May 2020, 11:38 pm »
Hi Michael,

Thank you for the welcome and the questions. I have been involved in the audio industry for over 30 years designing amplifiers for some of the larger players in the industry. In the past few years, I have been itching to bring a few of my designs to market that have not been seen previously. To make this happen, I launched Six Acoustic with some like minded and similarly experienced compatriots. Initially, we set out to bring a high power full range integrated amp to market which has a fair bit of history with me. A few interesting things emerged during development:

1. The new amp would not be designed for mass consumption and therefore some of the accompanying constraints were lifted
2. We could shift focus away from appealing to the largest market segment and instead focus on creating audio tech that we would want to own (ie. best possible performance)
3. We could deliver the desired tech at reasonable cost while manufacturing in Canada

Having essentially completed the development of the high power amp and taking the above into account, it occurred to me that we might do well to raise our public profile with a lower powered offering before the launch of the big amp. I had concurrently become aware of a dramatic rebirth of the vinyl market and the growing demand for higher end phono preamps as a result. Putting these things together, our vision for the York phono preamp was born. Development began in earnest in 2018. We are now in a position to launch the new phono preamp.

What does our phono preamp offer that differentiates it from the wide range of offerings available?
- on specs alone it can challenge any of the entrenched high end players
- list of features for the enthusiast
- gentle on the pocket book
- made in Canada (relatively local even if you are in the US)

It is not one element alone but the combination of elements that should elevate our profile in the minds of prospective adopters of our technologies.

cheers,
Steve

Six Acoustic

• Industry Participant
« Reply #7 on: 30 Jul 2020, 04:08 pm »
The York phono preamp is now shipping:

https://www.sixacoustic.com/product-page/york-phono