1 (12.5%)
December 10
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Nomad Audio Chiacgo Gathering

PaulHilgeman

Nomad Audio Chiacgo Gathering
« on: 27 Oct 2006, 12:31 am »
You can vote four times if multiple days work for you.  Please refrain from voting for the same day multiple times.

This will be an auditioning session for the Ronin 1.0c as well as the Ronin 1.0d powered by the DEQX.

Time will be early afternoon to early evening, or as long as necessary.  Feel free to bring gear, and you MUST bring music to be allowed in.

Regards,
Paul Hilgeman
Nomad Audio

audiojerry

Re: Nomad Audio Chiacgo Gathering
« Reply #1 on: 2 Nov 2006, 04:08 pm »
Why such a poor response?
Why such an apparent lack of interest?

Just based on the design and appearance alone, I would have thought there would be interest in learning about and hearing this speaker.

It must be discouraging.

What is Paul doing wrong? :dunno:

Couple of theories:
      AC members tend to show more interest in lower priced components - nothing wrong with that
      There's been an overload of new products being introduced.

Has anyone heard Paul's speaker and not been impressed?

bpape

• Industry Participant
  • I am serious and don't call my Shirley
    • Sensible Sound Solutions
« Reply #2 on: 2 Nov 2006, 05:10 pm »
Dunno.

They're definitely worth listening to.  They do a lot of things very very well.

Bryan

ZLS

« Reply #3 on: 2 Nov 2006, 05:17 pm »
:scratch:    "Chicago" is a big place.  Where in Chicago?

PaulHilgeman

« Reply #4 on: 2 Nov 2006, 09:55 pm »
Thanks AudioJerry,

There has been tons of interest elsewhere, but very little in Chicago.  Maybe our property taxes are reducing our audio budgets down to nothing :scratch:???

It would be in the Nortwest area, near O'hare.  At this rate, I might as well wait until after the holidays.  And of course, if you all havent gathered, I am really easy going, bring gear, as much as you would like.  Maybe even *gasp* a speaker :).

Jerry, are you still interested in me bringing a pair up to you for a week or two?  We'll get around to it some day.  I just haven't been visiting my folks much recently.

Have a good one guys,
Paul Hilgeman
Nomad Audio

jackman

« Reply #5 on: 2 Nov 2006, 10:22 pm »
Hey, I'm coming!  I look forward to hearing these beautiful speakers! :thumb:

PaulHilgeman

« Reply #6 on: 2 Nov 2006, 10:28 pm »
Jackman,

Good to hear from you.

Everyone... Let me know if after the holidays is better.  We are sitting right atop that roller coaster hill right now where things seem to get busy for everyone from now until early January.  I've got 2 out-of-state weddings between now and then too!!

-Paul

MaxCast

« Reply #7 on: 3 Nov 2006, 03:19 am »
After the holidays would be best for me and of course a free weekend.

meby

« Reply #8 on: 3 Nov 2006, 04:20 am »
Saturdays work best as they do not interfere with Da Bears :thumb:

audiojerry

« Reply #9 on: 3 Nov 2006, 04:27 pm »
If I came to Chicago, after New Year would be better, but I might be able to do a Saturday in Nov. or early Dec.

Jerry, are you still interested in me bringing a pair up to you for a week or two?  We'll get around to it some day.  I just haven't been visiting my folks much recently.

Absolutely, and shame on you  :nono:  :lol:

I don't want to speak for him, but John151 had a great dedicated room near O'Hare. Has anyone heard from John lately?

Good to see you're still around Jack.

jackman

« Reply #10 on: 3 Nov 2006, 05:03 pm »
Hey Jerry and everyone!  I'm back!  Lots of changes in my life lately.  Moved into a bigger house (same town) a couple weeks ago and changed jobs earlier this week.  I FINALLY have a dedicated room in my finished basement.  Still haven't set up the system but I hope to do it soon.   I could even hold a listening session for Nomad audio if Paul wants to have it in Naperville.  Looking forward to hearing the Nomad speakers, they are very cool looking and very innovative design.  Also looking forward to getting together with my old audio friends and meeting new ones.  I hope to be able to make it when the event is scheduled.

Cheers!

Jack

PaulHilgeman

« Reply #11 on: 3 Nov 2006, 06:38 pm »
Yeah, I am thinking January 13th now will be a much better time.  It is far enough out that anyone that is really interested will be more inclined to reserve the time.  Maybe a veneered version by then ;).  Maybe a preview to the Sentinel?

I am open to holding it anywhere.  I have a couple of good facilities that we can use.

Regards,
Paul Hilgeman
Go Pack!

PaulHilgeman

« Reply #12 on: 16 Nov 2006, 03:30 pm »
Just wanted to let you all know that I will be presenting at the February 18th meeting of the Chicago Audio Society.

I'd still be open to a meet-up any time before or after that.

Have a good one!