Re: Jeff Rowland Design Group
« Reply #20 on: 20 Jun 2014, 01:56 pm »
Nice.   :thumb:

Hugh

• Industry Participant
    • Angel City Audio
« Reply #21 on: 20 Jun 2014, 03:13 pm »
Regarding whether or not Jeff knows about AC, JRDG has been doing very well world wide without having a presence on any forums as far as I know. :)

The truth of the matter, even in this internet age, there is still a majority of consumers who had never purchased anything via online.  Those people are busy making money so when they wanted something, they just go by references or past experiences.  These are the ones who can afford megabuck items.

Anyway, we finally got a chance to compare Jeff's Aeris to Onix flagship OC103 Media Player at THE Show Newport and I personally prefer the Onix over the Aeris.  We are trying to see if we can compare it to the best out there to see how things shake out.

Disclaimer: We don't carry Onix any longer so this is just for my personal preference. :)

macrojack

• Restricted
« Reply #22 on: 20 Jun 2014, 04:57 pm »
No investment as iffy and transient as digital. Much as I wish it wasn't true (I like to take giant steps) it is best to play small and temporary with anything computer based.

avta

« Reply #23 on: 21 Jun 2014, 02:18 pm »
I was wondering if any of you have heard the 525 amp? I am trying to arrange an audition. Any feedback would be appreciated.

milpai

• My Dedicated Audio Room
« Reply #24 on: 12 Jul 2018, 08:29 pm »
Hello,
Reviving an old topic.
Looking for a preamp and the Capri S2 has been recommended to me, by my dealer. The other choices are the Bryston BP-17 cubed and lastly the Parasound JC-2. Anyone compared the Capri S2 with Bryston or Parasound?

Thanks!

daveyf

« Reply #25 on: 29 Nov 2018, 05:13 am »
I own a Model 8 T that Jeff modified for me last year. I think it can still compete with ss amps that are currently in the top level of the hobby. Recently I did an AB with a current Krell Evo amp...and the Rowland 8 T was still easily able to come out on top! Totally bested the new Krell in all areas, including depth, bass and timbre reproduction.
The Rowland amps in the 7-8-9 era are still at the top of the ss chain, imho.