Joseph Audio RM25si Signature p/u Seattle only $450

jonbee

Joseph Audio RM25si Signature p/u Seattle only $450
« on: 29 Apr 2024, 02:30 am »
Here is a truly great classic high quality speaker. I've been rehabbing quality speakers for 55 years, and imo this pair is the Holy Grail of audiophile speaker bargain hunting.
They are about 20 years old, used sparingly by older adults.
My price is about the salvage value of the drivers alone, but I hate to destroy such a fine speaker just for salvage.
This pair has some cosmetic issues, not bad, imo, and they sound very good indeed. Excellent clarity, openness and finesse. Tight, clear bass.

The Joseph RM25si Signature is a tall, narrow tower which employs excellent quality Seas Prestige drivers, coupled with the 120 db/octave Infinite Slope crossover, patented by former McIntosh senior engineer Richard Modafferi. The result is superb transient response and lack of coloration. Sweet musical transparency, with a wonderfully smooth, accurate soundstage.
These were on recommended lists for many years, a true classic.
They are a 2.5 way design, with the lower woofers running full range up to 2.1 khz., and the upper woofers only handling the lower end of that range.
They originally sold for $3300/pr., and were considered a bargain.

The enclosures have a sand-filled lower chamber that Joseph Audio calls the Silent Box enclosure. This absorbs cabinet resonances effectively, imo. The speaker weight, 87 lbs., is 15 lbs. higher than what is listed in the factory specs as they are filled with sand. The sand can be removed if desired.

19 owner reviews, average rating 5/5(!):
http://www.audioreview.com/product/speakers/floorstanding-speakers/joseph-audio/rm25si.html

Condition:
I would rate the condition as good cosmetically, and excellent operationally and sonically.
The cabinets have several small and a couple of medium size scratches, most touched up. One lower back corner was damaged, but has been repaired and reinforced and is not easily visible. The pictures make them look worse than in person.
Grills are included, in near perfect condition.
One woofer was damaged in a move. The original Seas Prestige woofer model was discontinued, and Seas issued a replacement version, with a larger voice coil, slightly larger cone and 1/4" larger basket. Published mechanical, acoustic and electrical specs are very nearly the same as the originals (Joseph changed one of the 2 woofers over to this version in the "RM25si 2 version" and both in the XL). I purchased a new woofer and installed it in the upper position. The sound is excellent and uniform, with no sonic difference between the speakers to my ears.
See pictures.

These usually sell for $1000-1800 used, mine are discounted heavily due to the issues mentioned.
Would consider a trade for a modern integrated amp w/ built in dac.
High quality sound that can't be matched for $450, imo. Hearing is believing!
Pickup in Seattle only.
Thanks for having a look.

Specifications:
Frequency Response 32 to 20000Khz +- 2dB
Sensitivity: 88 dB 1 watt @ 1 meter
Impedance: 8 ohms (nominal) - minimum:  6.0 ohms
Crossover Design: Patented Infinite Slope Greater than 120dB/octave at 2000Hz
Tweeter: 1" Seas Prestige Silk Fabric Dome
Woofer: Two Seas Prestige 6.5" Aluminum Cones with Phase Plug
Bass loading: Computer Optimized Vented
Dimensions: (H x W x D) 46" x 8.5" x 11.5"
Weight: 87 Ibs. ea.