Linked Events

• Rocky Mountain Audio Fest \'09: 2 Oct 2009 - 4 Oct 2009

RMAF 2009

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
Re: RMAF 2009
« Reply #20 on: 2 Sep 2009, 05:27 am »
Just 1 month to go till RMAF....!!! :hyper:

Looking forward to hearing what's in room 445..... 8)

lord dubious

« Reply #21 on: 2 Sep 2009, 08:02 am »
What is in room 445?
Cheers

bpape

• Industry Participant
  • I am serious and don't call my Shirley
    • Sensible Sound Solutions
« Reply #22 on: 2 Sep 2009, 11:10 am »
Tick, tock, tick, tock...

BPT

• Industry Participant
  • Balanced Power Technologies
« Reply #23 on: 2 Sep 2009, 11:41 am »
Hey Chris, how about bringing me a copy of "Snakes and Stripes" to the show--please. :hyper:
Chris H.

Listens2tubes

« Reply #24 on: 3 Sep 2009, 03:08 am »
 :bounce: :hyper: :singing:

lonewolfny42

« Reply #25 on: 3 Sep 2009, 03:33 am »
What is in room 445?
Cheers

Tick, tock, tick, tock..

No....it's not a bomb.... :lol:

At last years show, one of the best sounding rooms was this one....

Kaiser Kawero loudspeakers from Germany with Mastersound 845 mono amplifiers from Italy and the Less Loss DAC.

What a great sounding setup....in a room that was too large. I REALLY liked those speakers....but at 50K....even out of my budget. :(

So....in a better smaller room this year....room 445....I'll be listening again. 8)  :dance:

One of the most enjoyable part of audio shows is stumbling upon an impressive system about which one knew nothing. As chance would have it, this occurred at the last room I visited at the show. In a large (but acoustically challenged) room in the Hyatt was a system featuring Mastersound 845 amps, a Lessloss DAC, and a pair of modest-looking floorstanders. The speakers I learned were the German-made Kaiser Kawero?s, a three-way design featuring a midrange near the top of the front face, a Raal ribbon tweeter perched on top of the cabinet, and two woofers on the back (MSRP approximately $55,000). Speaker wires were from Echole, and were themselves price-no-object. As the speakers were pulled way out into the room, the soundstage was(not surprisingly) very deep. Regrettably, the image size was grossly exaggerated in the lateral and especially vertical planes, due I suspect to the room?s poor acoustics. (The room narrowed to the rear, had glass on one side, but most significantly had walls which were not solid - they were actually dividers which allowed the room to be opened up to adjoining rooms). Despite this, the system made glorious music; detailed, vibrant, and alive, with only a trace of edginess. I think we will be hearing much more about this system in the future.

kyyuan

« Reply #26 on: 3 Sep 2009, 06:13 am »
Chris,

Assuming no scheduling conflict, I will attending my first RMAF.  See you soon.

Ken

lonewolfny42

« Reply #27 on: 3 Sep 2009, 06:20 am »
Chris,

Assuming no scheduling conflict, I will attending my first RMAF.  See you soon.

Ken

Great Ken....hope to see you there. :thumb:

Here's a little taste....from YouTube...... 8)

DeadFish

« Reply #28 on: 3 Sep 2009, 09:31 am »
Nice vidie there, Chris!
I can't wait! :bounce: :bounce: :banana piano:

lonewolfny42

« Reply #29 on: 5 Sep 2009, 07:06 am »
Michael Fremer

Harry Pearson

Steve Hoffman

....and more.

Seminar Listings.... 8)

Hebrew Hammer

• Industry Participant
  • www.Randall-K.com
« Reply #30 on: 12 Sep 2009, 02:29 am »
I'm hoping to have my first showing next year at RMAF 2010..

good luck to all of you exhibiting and I wish you the best!!!

Hebrew Hammer

• Industry Participant
  • www.Randall-K.com
« Reply #31 on: 12 Sep 2009, 02:31 am »
looks like Raals and AT's.. can't go wrong with that combo.. IMO some of the best drivers on the planet!!!

What is in room 445?
Cheers

Tick, tock, tick, tock..

No....it's not a bomb.... :lol:

At last years show, one of the best sounding rooms was this one....

Kaiser Kawero loudspeakers from Germany with Mastersound 845 mono amplifiers from Italy and the Less Loss DAC.

What a great sounding setup....in a room that was too large. I REALLY liked those speakers....but at 50K....even out of my budget. :(

So....in a better smaller room this year....room 445....I'll be listening again. 8)  :dance:

One of the most enjoyable part of audio shows is stumbling upon an impressive system about which one knew nothing. As chance would have it, this occurred at the last room I visited at the show. In a large (but acoustically challenged) room in the Hyatt was a system featuring Mastersound 845 amps, a Lessloss DAC, and a pair of modest-looking floorstanders. The speakers I learned were the German-made Kaiser Kawero?s, a three-way design featuring a midrange near the top of the front face, a Raal ribbon tweeter perched on top of the cabinet, and two woofers on the back (MSRP approximately $55,000). Speaker wires were from Echole, and were themselves price-no-object. As the speakers were pulled way out into the room, the soundstage was(not surprisingly) very deep. Regrettably, the image size was grossly exaggerated in the lateral and especially vertical planes, due I suspect to the room?s poor acoustics. (The room narrowed to the rear, had glass on one side, but most significantly had walls which were not solid - they were actually dividers which allowed the room to be opened up to adjoining rooms). Despite this, the system made glorious music; detailed, vibrant, and alive, with only a trace of edginess. I think we will be hearing much more about this system in the future.

Big Red Machine

« Reply #32 on: 13 Sep 2009, 02:32 am »
Anybody want to put my preamp in their room and try and sell it for me?

vinyl_lady

« Reply #33 on: 17 Sep 2009, 05:25 pm »
2 weeks and counting . . :hyper: :beer:

Listens2tubes

« Reply #34 on: 18 Sep 2009, 02:36 am »
Well this Sunday is our NJ Audio Society meeting in Delaware then its 12 days till I touch down in Denver. :o I can't wait that long!

8) 14 days and counting :drool:   

:o OH NO! NOT 14 FRIGGIN DAYS! :evil:
Neal  :wave:

daddydoom

« Reply #35 on: 19 Sep 2009, 01:03 pm »
This will be my first time ( so be gentle ) to the RMAF.

There is something i would like to know. Is there enough to see to fill up three days at the show.

I will be arriving on Thursday and leaving on Sunday. I don't relax real well so I need lots to do. Besides spend lots of money. In saying that. If someone needs help setting up PM me, because I'm sure I'll get bored real quick before the show begins.

This will be my first vacation in years. Most of my family and freinds do not understand why i would take my only vacation at a consumer show like this and they never will.

Hope to meet up with some of you guy's and ( and ladies ).

Matt

bpape

• Industry Participant
  • I am serious and don't call my Shirley
    • Sensible Sound Solutions
« Reply #36 on: 19 Sep 2009, 01:42 pm »
Usually, people complain that there's not enough time to do everything they want to do.  Many people try to 'stick their head in' pretty much every room on the first day and then go back around and take a longer listen to the things that interest them. 

Bryan

ecramer

• Volunteer
  • In time whats deserved always get served.
« Reply #37 on: 19 Sep 2009, 01:50 pm »
I will second that one, hard as ltr317 and me tried we never did make it to all the rooms. BY the second day we were staring to make plans on what we must see and what we could miss if we had too.

Ed 

Usually, people complain that there's not enough time to do everything they want to do.  Many people try to 'stick their head in' pretty much every room on the first day and then go back around and take a longer listen to the things that interest them. 

Bryan

ltr317

« Reply #38 on: 19 Sep 2009, 02:44 pm »
What Ed said.  I would add if there are a few rooms that really rock your boat, it will be easy to spend a lot of time listening and chatting with the exhibitors.  As an example, Ed and I probably spent over an hour and a half in two rooms last year: DaVinci/A.R.T and Merlin/Joule.  Unless you have a short attention span, it will be very hard to be bored.  As for pre-show boredom, there will be enough attendees to meet and hang out with, including Ed and myself. 

lonewolfny42

« Reply #39 on: 25 Sep 2009, 04:40 am »
Days To Go....  8)