Exotica R monitors

larryboy

Exotica R monitors
« on: 29 Oct 2023, 09:21 pm »
Any plans to make the plans available for the Exotica R monitors? SEAS ALNICO woofers paired with ribbon tweeters would be a great match I suspect with a Dennis Murphey crossover.

jsalk

Re: Exotica R monitors
« Reply #1 on: 30 Oct 2023, 01:59 pm »
We haven't made any decisions yet about which models we will make available as plans/kits.  It will be about a month before we start rolling them out.  If the demand is there for a particular model, we'll try and make them available.

- Jim

jsalk

« Reply #2 on: 30 Oct 2023, 02:00 pm »
We could also entertain a "group buy" if the demand for a particular model is sufficient.

- Jim

Hydro

« Reply #3 on: 30 Oct 2023, 07:39 pm »
Larryboy, I have a pair of the Exotica R monitors if you would like to hear them. They sound really nice, the high sensitivity makes the music jump out of them. Unlike some speakers they sound really good almost anywhere in the room. I live in the DFW metroplex. 

larryboy

« Reply #4 on: 31 Oct 2023, 06:15 pm »
I have nephews and a friend in the Austin area. If I make it there for a visit I'll get in contact with you for a listen. I'm in Tucson.

WGH

« Reply #5 on: 31 Oct 2023, 10:25 pm »
I'm in Tucson.

I don't have the Exotica R but I have the Salk HT2-TL which have the RAAL tweeter. You are welcome to come over for a listen to get a feel for how the RAAL sounds, it's a revelation if you have never heard a RAAL.

I'm in Tucson. Send me a PM if interested.

Wayne