Serviceability of Salkstream going forward?

Saturn94

Serviceability of Salkstream going forward?
« on: 15 Jun 2023, 07:27 pm »
@jsalk

With Salk closing up shop soon, I have a question about future serviceability of my Salkstream III (purchased 2016).

A couple years ago or so the HDD died.  Jim sent a new one and got it up and running again (it took a bit of back and forth with Jim remotely accessing the Salkstream, but he got it done  :thumb: ).

If at some point I have to replace the drive again, is it something I can do myself?  Of course physically replacing the HDD is no problem, but would I be able to load a new Linux OS/Roon core on it and get everything (outputs, etc) set up myself?  Or is deep knowledge of Linux needed to do this (my current knowledge is next to nil, but can learn some if not too complicated)?

Thank you Jim and company for many years of great products and second to none service!  :D

jsalk

• Facilitator
    • Salk Signature Sound
Re: Serviceability of Salkstream going forward?
« Reply #1 on: 15 Jun 2023, 07:59 pm »
Don't worry.  We'll still be around to support our customers.  While you could do the work yourself, I can certainly do it if needed.  No problem at all.  We aren't going anywhere.

The only thing we can't do going forward is to build speakers (since we will no longer have woodworking tools).  But we will still intend to provide customers with support in the future (even if they purchase our products used). 

- Jim

Saturn94

Re: Serviceability of Salkstream going forward?
« Reply #2 on: 15 Jun 2023, 10:09 pm »
Don't worry.  We'll still be around to support our customers.  While you could do the work yourself, I can certainly do it if needed.  No problem at all.  We aren't going anywhere.

The only thing we can't do going forward is to build speakers (since we will no longer have woodworking tools).  But we will still intend to provide customers with support in the future (even if they purchase our products used). 

- Jim

Thanks Jim!

Like I said, the customer service you provide is second to none!  :D