Dave's Veracity HT3's

jsalk

Dave's Veracity HT3's
« on: 14 Jul 2006, 07:21 pm »
Dave wanted Veracity HT3's with no frills.  He wanted cherry veneer with maple trim.  No front baffles and no grills.  Sonicap upgrade and contour switch.

Here are the results (with new deluxe spikes I might point out):

Here is a close-up of the corner:

And a close-up of the cherry veneer on the cabinet sides:

These are headed to San Francisco.  Happy listening Dave!

- Jim

Steve Vol

Re: Dave's Veracity HT3's
« Reply #1 on: 14 Jul 2006, 09:36 pm »
Wow, another fine example of Jim's great work.    Each example of his work makes me glad I already chose my wood veneer or else I would still be trying to decide which woods to pick from.  Great Work!   :thumb:

Jim, I look forward with anticipation to seeing and listening to my set of HT3's when they are ready.

Steve
Houston

jsalk

« Reply #2 on: 15 Jul 2006, 11:57 am »
Steve -

Wow, another fine example of Jim's great work.    Each example of his work makes me glad I already chose my wood veneer or else I would still be trying to decide which woods to pick from.  Great Work!   :thumb:

Jim, I look forward with anticipation to seeing and listening to my set of HT3's when they are ready.

Steve
Houston

The claro walnut finally arrived and looks great.  The board is 1" thick, so I need to take it to the mill and have it re-worked to 3/4".  I will do that this week.  Then, since the ebony veneer (looks very nice as well) is already in, we will be ready to begin work in earnest.

- Jim

MaxCast

« Reply #3 on: 15 Jul 2006, 12:21 pm »

Steve
Houston

No $h!t, the money is the easy part compared to choosing wood.  :o

ChuckS

« Reply #4 on: 17 Jul 2006, 03:44 pm »
Whoa Jim!!! Beeeaauuuutiful!!!
Add maple baffles, and those might be mine!!
 :hyper:
Jim, my ears are tingling with anticipation! Hopefully, my HT-3s will be coming out to greet the world soon!

95bcwh

« Reply #5 on: 17 Jul 2006, 03:49 pm »
Whoa Jim!!! Beeeaauuuutiful!!!
Add maple baffles, and those might be mine!!
 :hyper:
Jim, my ears are tingling with anticipation! Hopefully, my HT-3s will be coming out to greet the world soon!

Be patience... the last thing you want to put too much pressure on Jim to rush his work. :green:

But for me, if I'm buying another pair, I am willing to wait even if the waiting time is one year!