Rocky Mtn. Audio Fest

moray james

• moray james cables
Rocky Mtn. Audio Fest
« on: 9 Aug 2004, 10:16 pm »
I just confirmed my ride to the show. Is anybody planning to attend? We should try to get together have a beer and a good talk. Look forward to meeting those who attend. Regards Moray James.

mgalusha

Rocky Mtn. Audio Fest
« Reply #1 on: 9 Aug 2004, 10:27 pm »
Glad you're coming to town! Where are you travelling from? I suppose we should start a list of all AC members who will be attending so we can arrange a meeting for some beer and BS.

Mike G.

moray james

• moray james cables
Rocky Mtn. Audio Fest
« Reply #2 on: 9 Aug 2004, 10:58 pm »
Driving down from Calgary Alberta. First time in Denver should be very nice. Regards Moray James.

sunshinedawg

Rocky Mtn. Audio Fest
« Reply #3 on: 10 Aug 2004, 12:03 am »
Zybar(George) just bought his plane tickets for the fest and I'm sure would love to meet the guys.  I think it's a great idea to have a get together.

Inscrutable

• http://home.earthlink.net/~inscrutabl/index.html
Rocky Mtn. Audio Fest
« Reply #4 on: 10 Aug 2004, 12:46 am »
We're seriously considering it.  It'd be great to meet up with a contingent from here.

mgalusha

Re: Rocky Mtn. Audio Fest
« Reply #5 on: 10 Aug 2004, 01:24 am »
Quote from: moray james
Driving down from Calgary Alberta. First time in Denver should be very nice. Regards Moray James.

Moray,

That's quite a drive. :o With any luck we will have some nice weather for your trip. It's usually very nice in early October, hopefully the weather won't make a liar out of me.

Mike G.

westcoast

Who wants to go hiking in RMNP?
« Reply #6 on: 10 Aug 2004, 12:38 pm »
Just got a great deal through Travelocity.  I'll be coming in from West Palm Beach, Florida, arriving Tuesday before the show, leaving Wednesday after.  

Whenever I get to Denver I like to do some hiking in the Front Range of the Rockies - welcome change from the flatlands of Florida!  Anyone interested in organizing a hike or two?  Nothing major (I couldn't hack it  :lol: ), just a stroll in the mountains in October would be nice.  Post your replies here or PM me.

P.S. - What Omega stuff do you have?  I've currently got a pair of Grande 6R's.

Louis O

Rocky Mtn. Audio Fest
« Reply #7 on: 10 Aug 2004, 01:43 pm »
Hi Moray,

Thanks for posting.

I talked to Noel and it's great to hear your both going to attend the show. It will be great to finally meet you in person.

Starting a list is a great idea and I can't wait for the show and meet everyone from the circle. Should be great time.

I'll be bringing :

Grande 6s, TS33s, Super 3s, Bipoles, Minuets, And the new leather speakers.

Electronics so far are Opera 300B SET, M99 (6L6 PP 25 watt) both integrated.

Analogue : Eurolab Minuette wih Morch DP6 and Allearts cartridge. Phonomax pre

CDP not sure yet.

Stands from Skylan and Audiopath and Omega Audio cables.

New platforms and one pair of Omega Minuets will be in the raffle and maybe a surprise givaway in the room.

Thanks again,
Louis

moray james

• moray james cables
Re: Who wants to go hiking in RMNP?
« Reply #8 on: 11 Aug 2004, 07:13 pm »
Quote from: westcoast
Just got a great deal through Travelocity.  I'll be coming in from West Palm Beach, Florida, arriving Tuesday before the show, leaving Wednesday after.  

Whenever I get to Denver I like to do some hiking in the Front Range of the Rockies - welcome change from the flatlands of Florida!  Anyone interested in organizing a hike or two?  Nothing major (I couldn't hack it  :lol: ), just a stroll in the mountains in October would be nice.  Post your replies here or PM me.

P.S. - What Omega stuff do you have?  I've currently got a pair of Grande 6R's.

I have a set of Grande 8's which I like a lot. Since I am driving I plan to bring a system to set up in our hotel room. Tubes solid state and some tricks and toys.  When do you plan to go for a hike that sounds really great? If I can make it I would like to stroll the foothills. Regards Moray James.

westcoast

Rocky Mtn. Audio Fest
« Reply #9 on: 12 Aug 2004, 12:37 pm »
Hey, Moray, thanks for your reply!  Great news that you're bringing your rig to set up - I'm bringing some CD's  :)

My past experience has been a half dozen times hiking the Front Range near Estes Park, Colorado.  That's the "gateway to Rocky Mountain National Park".  You can find a bunch of stuff through a Google search, but check out http://www.explore-rocky.com/ to whet your appetite.

Estes is about a two-hour drive northeast of Denver.  Let me know your arrival schedule and we'll organize from there.  I plan on being at the Fest all three days, but that leaves plenty of time to get in a few great hikes.  If you can drive, I'll pay for gas, food and drink  :D .  I've also got a couple of extra daypacks that I can bring along if you or anyone else needs to borrow.

Come on, people, follow Moray's lead.  Let's organize the "Omega Expedition" at the Rocky Mountain Audio Fest!  It'll be a blast!!

westcoast

Rocky Mtn. Audio Fest
« Reply #10 on: 12 Aug 2004, 12:49 pm »
Whoops, sorry, slight correction.  Estes is northwest of Denver  :oops:  Don't worry, I'll check my compass again and we'll be sure to get there!!