Gallery of GIK Treatments

freedomgli

Re: Gallery of GIK Treatments
« Reply #80 on: 20 May 2020, 01:27 am »
Beautiful inspiration in this thread. Some lovely rooms and home theaters.

SinnerSaint

« Reply #81 on: 31 May 2021, 10:05 pm »
Thanks for all you do!
Appreciate all the research & product development.
As well as the aesthetics & SAF.

No reply required.

dpatters

« Reply #82 on: 1 Jun 2021, 11:53 am »

Don P

rockadanny

« Reply #83 on: 1 Jun 2021, 03:31 pm »
Pair of 244 Bass Traps on side wall (at 1st & 2nd reflection points), Tri-Traps stacked in each front corner, pair of 6A Alpha Pro Series Bass Trap Diffusor/Absorbers 2D(a) on front wall (most recent update):

Pair of 244 Bass Traps on side wall (at 1st & 2nd reflection points); three Evolution PolyFusor Diffusor/Absorber panels on the back wall:

azchump

« Reply #84 on: 4 Jul 2022, 02:37 am »
You guys are lucky.  I spent $1600 with GIK for various bass traps and absorbers.  The quality was so bad my wife would not let me put them up.  I tried shipping them back and was partially successful.  UPS could not find their facility three times.  To make matters worse the cost to ship back cost almost as much as it did to buy them due to size.  I ended up paying twice the amount for Vicoustic Acoustic panels and they came with triple the quality and look. 

Mariusz Uszynski

« Reply #85 on: 4 Jul 2022, 11:35 am »
You guys are lucky.  I spent $1600 with GIK for various bass traps and absorbers.  The quality was so bad my wife would not let me put them up.  I tried shipping them back and was partially successful.  UPS could not find their facility three times.  To make matters worse the cost to ship back cost almost as much as it did to buy them due to size.  I ended up paying twice the amount for Vicoustic Acoustic panels and they came with triple the quality and look.

So, how do you like your Vicoustic panels?

Mr. Big

« Reply #86 on: 6 Apr 2023, 04:09 pm »

CharlieCH

« Reply #87 on: 18 Apr 2023, 08:47 pm »
I'm new here so I thought I'd post my introduction in this section as I've just added some treatment to my new listening room. 

I'm in Houston, Tx and have recently moved into a new house where I have a dedicated 13 x 18-foot listening room.  I am currently listening to MMGs which are powered by two (new) D-Sonic M3a-600M amps and my streaming source is a SONOS Port.  Subs are SVS SP1000 Pros. 

I also have a MiniDSP SHD on order which will replace the Port depending on how much I like Volumio (or not).  Might keep the Port, might try Roon.

Historically, my main system was a pair of Magenpan 1.6s powered with a Parasound HCA-1500A amp and a Parasound Pre amp.  The HCA1500A was a great amp but I broke it moving speaker cables while it was on.  I had it repaired but it never sounded the same.  My 1.6s buzz now and, while I know I can get them repaired, I figured that after almost 30 years, I've gotten good value out of my old system (all of it was just about $3K!). 

So new house, new room, new system, and new acoustic treatments!  The new system (Maggie 1.7i's, the D-Sonic Amps, SHD, PORT, subs) will be about $8K.

I have Tri Traps in each corner (8 total), with 4" Alpha panels and some Polyfusors on the front wall.  The rear wall has some 244 panels on stands in front of a window with some 6" Alpha panels on either side.  There are also two 244 panels on the side walls that I may just order stands for instead of hanging.  In the future, I may add something to the ceiling.

Denton J

« Reply #88 on: 6 Jun 2023, 07:58 pm »
I have some GIK products coming.  Hopefully it makes a noticeable difference.

figcon

« Reply #89 on: 6 Jun 2023, 09:19 pm »
I use a bunch of their products and as long as you know what will work best in your room, they are great performing and a great value. Made in the USA, too, I believe.

Denton J

« Reply #90 on: 7 Jun 2023, 02:16 am »
I use a bunch of their products and as long as you know what will work best in your room, they are great performing and a great value. Made in the USA, too, I believe.

I used their consulting service.  I don't know much about room acoustics.