Almost a new GR owner.

Mikethehunterguy

Almost a new GR owner.
« on: 17 Aug 2022, 09:41 pm »
Mike, here.
I have been a music lover since I was a baby, and an audiophile since about 1995. I have finally set up a decent listening room in my basement that measures 26'2" X 28'2"X 9'6". I am in the process of researching room treatment of the DIY variety, and have spent many hours here, but never posted until now.
I have been following Danny for a while and purchased a couple cable kits last year. I just purchased the NXTremes, and am pulling the trigger on the Triple Threats today. I had been agonizing over getting 4 SVS SB2000s, or 2 SVS 4000s. Danny convinced me to give the OB subs a try. I have owned TL, Sealed, and Ported subs. Why not try something new?
I look forward to my upcoming project, and will post some pics as I go, but I can't see the point of an extensive build thread as there are some excellent ones here already.
I'm about to stand on the shoulders of giants, and I thank you for it!

hawkeyejw

Re: Almost a new GR owner.
« Reply #1 on: 18 Aug 2022, 12:38 am »
Welcome and good luck! Don’t be afraid to take and post lots of pictures, we love to live vicariously through each other’s projects around here.

russellberg

« Reply #2 on: 26 Aug 2022, 03:10 am »
We'd love to see your progress!

Badd99

« Reply #3 on: 26 Aug 2022, 04:58 pm »
Mike, here.
I have been a music lover since I was a baby, and an audiophile since about 1995. I have finally set up a decent listening room in my basement that measures 26'2" X 28'2"X 9'6". I am in the process of researching room treatment of the DIY variety, and have spent many hours here, but never posted until now.
I have been following Danny for a while and purchased a couple cable kits last year. I just purchased the NX-Tremes, and am pulling the trigger on the Triple Threats today. I had been agonizing over getting 4 SVS SB2000s, or 2 SVS 4000s. Danny convinced me to give the OB subs a try. I have owned TL, Sealed, and Ported subs. Why not try something new?
I look forward to my upcoming project, and will post some pics as I go, but I can't see the point of an extensive build thread as there are some excellent ones here already.
I'm about to stand on the shoulders of giants, and I thank you for it!

You will really enjoy the subs and speakers. The servo subs ROCK! Trust me on this - get yourself some granite slabs made from a local granite place (I paid $200 for 4 19x21" finished pieces for my triples and nx-otica) and put some sorbothane footers between the speakers and the cabinets when you get it all built...