What is reason for 5 year warranty on BDA BDP? i can understand CD spinner..

Elizabeth

• So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish
I am curious as to the reasoning behind only having a five year warranty on the electronics like BDA and BDP which have no moving parts or motors?
I can certainly understand a Cd player, as it does have the transport mechanism and does get physical wear.
But the others are pure electronic devices.
So just a curious question about Bryston thinking..
Thanks James.
(sorry if I ask odd questions  :oops: )

alexone

• Anthony Bower, Stan Rybbert, John Stoneborough
Elizabeth,

i think it has to do with the digital circuits. all analog circuits made by Bryston are covered with the 20 years warranty. talking about moving parts i believe James once said that for example the Philips drive that is used in the BCD-1 has an original Philips-warranty of 10 days(?) or so...Bryston boosts this 'a-few-days' warranty up to a full 3 year warranty.

al.

sfraser

I would say digital vs analog as well. That plus the fact that Bryston has 30 years of "data" of return rates for the amps etc. Therefore they know exactly  what  there "cost" is to offer a 20 yr. Warranty.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
I am curious as to the reasoning behind only having a five year warranty on the electronics like BDA and BDP which have no moving parts or motors?
I can certainly understand a Cd player, as it does have the transport mechanism and does get physical wear.
But the others are pure electronic devices.
So just a curious question about Bryston thinking..
Thanks James.
(sorry if I ask odd questions  :oops: )

Hi Elizabeth,

Yes the posts above are correct.  We want to have some history with these new technologies before we commit to long term warranties

james