bcd 4 ?

spinner

bcd 4 ?
« on: 2 Oct 2023, 06:34 pm »
Hello , I was curious to know if there will be a BCD4 in the future...thnaks :thumb:

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
Re: bcd 4 ?
« Reply #1 on: 2 Oct 2023, 08:02 pm »
Hello , I was curious to know if there will be a BCD4 in the future...thnaks :thumb:

Hi Spinner - no plans on that front.

james

klao

« Reply #2 on: 17 Oct 2023, 01:20 pm »
How about the BDP-4, James? 

My BDP-1 died about a year ago, and the local distributor's tech said its time was sadly due. The BDP-3 was first introduced back in early 2017; almost 7 years now?  Would the new BDP-3 unit order today have fresh parts that could last for about 10+ years like my BDP-1 did?

I'm auditioning a Roon Nucleus + unit on loan from a friend now (via Bryston BDA-3 DAC). Not so impressed with the timbre I'm hearing, though.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #3 on: 17 Oct 2023, 02:00 pm »
Hi Klao - no plans on that front as the computing power of the BDP-3 is way beyond what is required for quality music file playback.

best
james

jcn3

« Reply #4 on: 17 Oct 2023, 09:11 pm »

My BDP-1 died about a year ago, and the local distributor's tech said its time was sadly due. The BDP-3 was first introduced back in early 2017; almost 7 years now?  Would the new BDP-3 unit order today have fresh parts that could last for about 10+ years like my BDP-1 did?

I'm auditioning a Roon Nucleus + unit on loan from a friend now (via Bryston BDA-3 DAC). Not so impressed with the timbre I'm hearing, though.

the roon nucleus is a fanless, pre-configured intel nuc and is more intended to be a server, sending music to end points/players.  i think you'll get much better results adding an endpoint to your system.  i use a simaudio moon mind 2 and it sounds great.

R. Daneel

« Reply #5 on: 20 Oct 2023, 12:53 pm »

It is highly unlikely your BDP-1 is beyond repair. There is very little that can go wrong with it. Distributors don't live from repairs, their business is resale.