MAAC & AC Member DTB300 has passed away

jarcher

• Industry Participant
  • It Just Sounds Right
MAAC & AC Member DTB300 has passed away
« on: 9 Apr 2019, 01:57 am »
Dan Shore aka DTB300 has passed away Friday after a long fight with cancer. He was not a heavy poster here, but those of us in the MAAC I’m sure have met him at some point and enjoyed his company. Though I got to know him late in life, he was one of my favorite “new friends” I made via AC. I always appreciated his casual and inviting style and irreverent wit. He was the opposite of the stuffy / snobby “audiophile”. I spent a number of pleasant visits with him over the years with R.Wasserstrom enjoying music and talking gear and life. And I learned some interesting things about computer audio I would never have believed from him.

RIP Dan : I’ll glow a 300B or 845 in remembrance of you.

HAL

• Industry Contributor
Re: MAAC & AC Member DTB300 has passed away
« Reply #1 on: 9 Apr 2019, 02:40 am »
Very sad news.  RIP Dan

Always enjoyed our talks at shows when he came in for a listen.  Will be playing his test tracks this week at AXPONA on the setup in remembrance.

Letitroll98

• Facilitator
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #2 on: 9 Apr 2019, 11:56 am »
Deepest sympathies to his family and friends.  I didn't know Dan well at all, we met once or twice, nice person.

Phil A

« Reply #3 on: 9 Apr 2019, 12:50 pm »
RIP - so sorry to hear

Triode Pete

• Industry Contributor
  • www.TriodeWireLabs.com
    • Triode Wire Labs - Affordable Audiophile Cables
« Reply #4 on: 9 Apr 2019, 01:20 pm »
Dan was a great guy and I always enjoyed our conversations!

The first time I met him was years ago at Capital AudioFest, where he came to our room and happily donated a 6 pack of cold IPA's for enhancing our listening enjoyment!

Rest in Peace, Dan! You will be missed...

Pete

woodsyi

• Volunteer
  • Always Look on the Bright Side of Life!
« Reply #5 on: 10 Apr 2019, 04:32 pm »
Is Dan the one in Rockville or there about with Martin Logans with 2 extra DSPed subs?  He ran Plinius amps? Last GTR at his place featured Nathan's weiners?

r.wasserstrom

« Reply #6 on: 12 Apr 2019, 10:22 pm »
I am so sad than Dan has passed.  I first met him about five years ago at Jarcher's during a MAAC meet and we became fast friends.  We shared great times together shooting the breeze (sometimes with Jarcher), listening to tunes, and discussing gear.  He taught me much about computer audio; he did not have vinyl gear at home.  Most importantly, he was a great guy who loved music.  His musical tastes and mine diverged, but he had an open mind:  I love jazz and he loved contemporary vocals and some "out there" music.  He expanded my listening tastes and, I hope, I expanded his.  I will miss him.
Rich

Link to ad:  https://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=165162.msg1755677#new

« Last Edit: 17 Aug 2019, 08:54 pm by r.wasserstrom »

r.wasserstrom

« Reply #7 on: 17 Aug 2019, 06:15 pm »
I am selling Dan's (DTB300) Martin Logan CLS speakers for his widow.  See ad in Trading Post.  (Hope its okay to cross reference Trading Post ads here.)
Thanks
Rich

Letitroll98

• Facilitator
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #8 on: 17 Aug 2019, 07:07 pm »
Perfectly fine and appropriate.  You can post a link if you like.

Scottdazzle

« Reply #9 on: 17 Aug 2019, 08:02 pm »
I only met Dan once or twice but I remember we had a nice conversation. He was very friendly and knowledgeable about audio. So sad he's gone.