CDT-8 issues

pjaizz

CDT-8 issues
« on: 14 Jan 2023, 03:47 am »
Hi Everyone!

I just joined the forum and I'm looking for advice concerning the Nuprime CDT-8 transport.  I have had mine for about a year and have not used it very much to this point.  Last time, I tried to play a disc and it would not play.  The unit powers up, display lights up, but the disc won't play.  If I leave it on for around an hour or so, it plays, and plays very well.  I tried leaving it on (not in standby, but on) overnight, but it would not play until I tried to play a disc again.  Then an hour later, it played again.  I love the player when it works, but it is irritating me.  Any suggestions before I resort to a service call?  thanks!
Jp

seikosha

Re: CDT-8 issues
« Reply #1 on: 14 Jan 2023, 04:02 pm »
My guess is a bad trace or bad solder job somewhere.  When the unit warms up, there is expansion and the electrical connection is then made.  If you are good with electronics, you can pop it open and look but probably you will have to send it in.  Sorry to hear it happened and good luck!

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #2 on: 14 Jan 2023, 05:57 pm »
Humidity in the lens with this winter. ?

pjaizz

« Reply #3 on: 15 Jan 2023, 04:07 am »
Thanks for the suggestions.  Heading back to the unit tomorrow and will pop it open and see what is going on.  Really love the sound, so I hope it is nothing too major.