New home theater packages

Danny Richie

« on: 29 Sep 2004, 02:52 am »
We are now offering deals on home theater packages.

This means discounted prices when ordering a five piece set.

All prices listed are for kits only, no enclosures.

All speakers are 8 ohms making them easy loads for any receiver. Specific info on each speaker can be seen on our web site. www.gr-research.com

Packages 2, 4 and 6 use a fully shielded A/V-3 as a center channel. It has great off axis response out to 25 degrees off axis. If seating is such that some will be seated outside this coverage range then choose packages 1, 3, and 5 that use an upright shielded A/V-1 as a center channel for a wider coverage area.

Sub woofers pictured are not included in the package pricing. They can be ordered separately for $144. each. This includes the SW-12A woofer, PR-12A passive radiator and cabinet plans.

For rear surrounds A/V-1's or A/V-1RS's can be used or substituted for one another as they are the same price.

Additional A/V-1's or A/V-1RS's can be added to the package price to complete 6.1 or 7.1 systems for only $99.50 a piece and $199. a pair.

Package 1: $499. Three A/V-1 and two A/V-1RS.

Package 2: $545. Two A/V-1, one A/V-3 center channel, and two A/V-1RS.

Package 3: $580. Two A/V-3S, one A/V-1, and two A/V-1RS.

Package 4: $625. Three A/V-3S, and two A/V-1RS

Package 5: $605. Two A/V-3, one A/V-1, and two A/V-1RS

Package 6: $645. Two A/V-3, one A/V-3S, and two A/V-1RS

Upgrades:
Sonicap upgrade for A/V-1’s are $38. per speaker.
Sonicap upgrade for A/V-3S’s are $36. per speaker.
Sonicap upgrade for A/V-3’s are $36. per speaker.
No Rez is $38. a sheet and is recommended for the front three speakers.
Add Sub-woofer kit $144.

Call to order. These discounts are not listed on our web site.
« Last Edit: 26 Dec 2007, 08:39 pm by Danny »

Hank

• http://www.geocities.com/hankbond1/index
« Reply #1 on: 29 Sep 2004, 11:40 am »
Danny, appealing packages.  Good thing you've put 'em together, and I hope it increases sales.  Those surrounds, painted to match wall colors, should pass most WAF tests. :wink:

IronForge

« Reply #2 on: 1 Jan 2005, 09:29 pm »
Thumbs up!

I was browsing your website and was unable to find the full HT kits listed.  Do you plan on listing these, or will it be for "in the know" people only?

Danny Richie

Package deals
« Reply #3 on: 2 Jan 2005, 08:33 pm »
I will at some point get the discounted offers up on the web site.

Right now I have just been to busy with designing a new model (new three way) filling orders and answering e-mails.

Web page building is just so hard to stay up with.

chriss

« Reply #4 on: 3 Jan 2005, 05:59 pm »
Hi Danny,
When you get a chance can we hear a little more about the three way?Will it be a kit?
chris

Danny Richie

« Reply #5 on: 3 Jan 2005, 11:02 pm »
When you get a chance can we hear a little more about the three way?Will it be a kit?

It will be a kit. It incorporates some really cool design aspects and sounds GREAT! I can't wait to tell you all about it. Look for a sneak peek in a new thread as soon as I get back from CES.

chriss

« Reply #6 on: 4 Jan 2005, 03:05 pm »
I'll be looking forward to hearing.Have fun at the show
chris

Duane E

« Reply #7 on: 2 Jun 2005, 11:47 pm »
Danny, I'm sold. I need a HT package for my parents' new home. The room is 9ft high to the ceiling, 20ft deep to the screen and 15ft wide and open on the left side. I have it wired in the ceiling for 7.1 sound and am interested in package #2 with an extra set of AV-1 for ceiling mount surrounds.

Questions:
1) How many speakers will a sheet of Black hole fill?
2) How high can the fronts and center be mounted (above screen or below)
3) Umm, any new discounts available?  :wink:

tjt123

And how about a kit with the 3-way
« Reply #8 on: 3 Jun 2005, 12:44 am »
Any plans on a package including the A/V-4.  

I was thinking Package #6 but with the A/V-4 rather than the A/V-3.  (Plus an extra pair of the A/V-1RS for a 7.1 setup).

-TIM

Danny Richie

Package deals
« Reply #9 on: 3 Jun 2005, 01:58 am »
1) How many speakers will a sheet of Black hole fill?

With one sheet you can fill a pair of A/V-1's and have about 10 to 20% of the sheet left over. You can fill a pair of A/V-3S cabinets with a sheet.

2) How high can the fronts and center be mounted (above screen or below)

I'd stick with below if possible on the center. The left and right mains are going to be optimal with the tweeter near ear level.

3) Umm, any new discounts available?

The package deals actually come out to $15. off per speaker. So your set of seven will be $105. off.

Front baffles are on sale too.

I may even run the SW-12A and matching PR12A on sale to boot.

Any plans on a package including the A/V-4.

I haven't yet but I could.

I was thinking Package #6 but with the A/V-4 rather than the A/V-3. (Plus an extra pair of the A/V-1RS for a 7.1 setup).

No problem. A/V-4's are $795. for the pair. I'll discount those too in a package deal.  :D

Duane E

« Reply #10 on: 6 Jun 2005, 08:58 pm »
How much are the baffles? Are they the same ones used in the AV1S construction photos?

Edit: NM, I found them: http://www.gr-research.com/kits/av1rskit.htm

Danny Richie

Baffles
« Reply #11 on: 6 Jun 2005, 09:07 pm »
The A/V-1 and A/V-1RS use the same baffle and grills.

They come in pairs (one baffel and one grill) and right now are on sale.

They can be order on line with the link that you just posted or here: http://www.gr-research.com/kits/av1kit.htm

Duane E

« Reply #12 on: 6 Jun 2005, 09:08 pm »
One last question. The front surrounds will have to be mounted in the ceiling since I don't have a left wall. Would it be silly to go for inifinite baffling?
Sorry for the Noobish questions. I have three weeks to get this done.

Danny Richie

« Reply #13 on: 6 Jun 2005, 09:13 pm »
Front surrounds? Surround sound in the front?

Tell me more about your application and I'll do everything that I can to help you.

Duane E

« Reply #14 on: 6 Jun 2005, 09:21 pm »
Sorry, I meant the surrounds that are not the rear surrounds (7.1 setup). I plan on mounting the rear surrounds on the back wall just under the ceiling like you describe in the instructions. Since there is no left wall I need to mount the 'other' surrounds in the ceiling pointing down. The front wall will have the projection screen with the fronts and the center speaker mounted below rather than above. The low frequencies will be handled by a 15" Adire Shiva that I have sitting around... Thanks for the help.
BTW, do I purchase through the website and the discount will be taken later or is there a special way to order the package #2 with extra surrounds?

Danny Richie

« Reply #15 on: 6 Jun 2005, 09:59 pm »
Sorry, I meant the surrounds that are not the rear surrounds (7.1 setup).

Ah, okay.

Since there is no left wall I need to mount the 'other' surrounds in the ceiling pointing down.

No wall at all huh? They can be mounted on the ceiling firing into a wall with good results, but the A/V-1RS needs to be turned away from the listener and into a reflective point (wall, ceiling...).

You could mount a standard A/V-1 in the ceiling in a sealed box, and I could send you out a version of the crossover that uses less baffle step compensation.

BTW, do I purchase through the website and the discount will be taken later or is there a special way to order the package #2 with extra surrounds?

To order one of the special priced packaged deals, you'll need to call in your order. It isn't available in the on line ordering system yet.

Duane E

« Reply #16 on: 6 Jun 2005, 10:12 pm »
I'm attaching a rough sketch of the layout. As you can see, on the left side there is an open staircase going down to the main level and it also opens up to a great room. When I call do I ask for you?

mhejl

• http://pages.sbcglobal.net/mhejl
« Reply #17 on: 7 Jun 2005, 12:52 pm »
Quote from: Danny
You could mount a standard A/V-1 in the ceiling in a sealed box, and I could send you out a version of the crossover that uses less baffle step compensation.

Duane:

I build a set of front-ported A/V-1s using the tweaked crossover a couple of months ago, ceiling mounted because I have a similar situation. They work great with the A/V-3 fronts and A/V-3S center and rear (for 6.1).

Since you apparently have an upstairs, is mounting dept an issue (assuming flush mount)?

Danny Richie

Rears
« Reply #18 on: 7 Jun 2005, 03:07 pm »
I'm attaching a rough sketch of the layout. As you can see, on the left side there is an open staircase going down to the main level and it also opens up to a great room.

Since you are going to have a pair of dedicated rear speakers you could mounted the side surrounds in the ceiling just like mhgel did. You can then se the gain settings on your processor to balance the output levels to your tastes.

If mounting depth is an issue you can always build another set of A/V-1RS's and mount them on the ceiling aimed towards the side walls or towards the rear wall. Aiming them towards the rear wall might actually work out vary well.

When I call do I ask for you?

Sure.

Duane E

« Reply #19 on: 7 Jun 2005, 03:45 pm »
Thanks guys, you have been very prompt and helpful. This room is actually upstairs so I have plenty of attic to work with.. 8)
Danny, do I call and ask for you?