M5 Speakers?

fiveoclockfriday

M5 Speakers?
« on: 26 Sep 2005, 11:47 pm »
I don't know if I'm the first to notice this or not, but there's a blurb on Louis' site about a new speaker (!) the M5. Can't really tell if there are details, specs, price, anything at this point; but I'm just excited to see what it is.

konut

• Came for the value, stayed for the drama
M5 Speakers?
« Reply #1 on: 27 Sep 2005, 12:35 am »
Just venturing a guess, but it might be the new speaker Louis is premiering at the RMAF. Vinnie says it rocks. As I understand it, its not as efficient as the A8 or Hemptones. BTW, if its five oclock on friday it must be time to hear Born to Run, and then the classic Murrey Saul rant!  :mrgreen:

Vinnie R.

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.vinnierossi.com
Re: M5 Speakers?
« Reply #2 on: 27 Sep 2005, 10:40 am »
Quote from: fiveoclockfriday
I don't know if I'm the first to notice this or not, but there's a blurb on Louis' site about a new speaker (!) the M5. Can't really tell if there are details, specs, price, anything at this point; but I'm just excited to see what it is.

Hi fiveoclockfriday,

Louis mentioned them to me and these will be the "surprise speaker" shown at RMAF along with the HempTones and A8s.  

I know they use a special 5" full range driver that Louis says is amazing sounding.  He said details will be posted right after RMAF....  

If this is a tease, blame Louis!  :mrgreen:

Louis O

M5 Speakers?
« Reply #3 on: 28 Sep 2005, 01:52 am »
Hi all,

Vinnies right and it will be at the RMAF and it slams.

The speaker is 90dB, but has a lot of throw so bass output is really strong. It really rivals the bigger drivers. The sound is a little more laid back and the top is very smooth. Needs a lot of room to breath and I have them out 5 feet from the back wall. Amazing with Vinnieamps and tubes too. High power is not a problem at all. Well under a grand and includes all the finishes at no extra charge.

Any one in the Philly area that would like to hear them can try Quest for sound as Steve has a pair.

Info is:

Quest For Sound
Stephen Monte
2307-R Bristol Pike
BENSALEM, PA  19020
Phone & email -- 11 am till 10 pm
Showroom by appointment, eastern
215-953-9099

Looks like Vinnie will have the laptop and we can post from the show. I'm finally out of the Stone Age.

Thanks again,
Louis

maxwalrath

M5 Speakers?
« Reply #4 on: 28 Sep 2005, 02:12 am »
very cool...any ideas on a price range Louis?

Brad

M5 Speakers?
« Reply #5 on: 28 Sep 2005, 02:34 am »
Louis,

Does this speaker replace the hemp 5" in your lineup?
Will that one still be released?

Col_Zimka

M5 sighting
« Reply #6 on: 28 Sep 2005, 12:58 pm »
Well, for once, I'm one of the fortunate ones!  I heard this speaker last weekend in PA. I went to this local audio show to hear another speaker manufacturer from out West and was completely surprised to see an Omega room...looking very nice.  I turned around and there was Louis! I was thrilled.  This new little M5 had the room rockin'.  Everybody loved it. Even the other manufacturers there were quite impressed.  I think it will be a big hit in Colorado.  Louis' sonic description is very accurate.  A lot more bass and energy than you would think from such a moderately-sized driver.  It was hooked up to a 10 watt integrated tube amp and a Consonance CD player.  Needless to say, I spent almost the entire day listening to Louis' handiwork...and yes, I'm a proud owner of Omega 6R's.

Col_Zimka

M5 sighting
« Reply #7 on: 28 Sep 2005, 12:59 pm »
Well, for once, I'm one of the fortunate ones!  I heard this speaker last weekend in PA. I went to this local audio show to hear another speaker manufacturer from out West and was completely surprised to see an Omega room...looking very nice.  I turned around and there was Louis! I was thrilled.  This new little M5 had the room rockin'.  Everybody loved it. Even the other manufacturers there were quite impressed.  I think it will be a big hit in Colorado.  Louis' sonic description is very accurate.  A lot more bass and energy than you would think from such a moderately-sized driver.  It was hooked up to a 10 watt integrated tube amp and a Consonance CD player.  Needless to say, I spent almost the entire day listening to Louis' handiwork...and yes, I'm a proud owner of Omega 6R's.

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
M5 Speakers?
« Reply #8 on: 30 Oct 2005, 04:56 am »
Louis,
    I missed hearing the M5 in Denver, but Tom Hudson came over to tvyankee's Rave...brought a pair along.[/list:u]
      Amazing....such a small speaker....but what a
BIG sound !!!! Once again....nice work Louis....alot of guys were impressed.   :rock: [/list:u]
    Chris[/list:u]

Louis O

M5 Speakers?
« Reply #9 on: 2 Nov 2005, 02:48 am »
Hi Chris,

Many thanks and I’m so happy Tommy made it to Dave’s although so late.
I wish I could have made it myself and sounds like everyone had a great time. Looks like I missed out on hearing some great new stuff.

I’m really happy you liked the new speakers and count me in for the next Rave.

Talk to you soon,
Louis

lonewolfny42

M5 Speakers?
« Reply #10 on: 2 Nov 2005, 05:03 am »
http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=22641&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0 ....Here you go Louis, the next Rave...NYC.
    Hope to see you there !![/list:u]

Louis O

M5 Speakers?
« Reply #11 on: 24 Nov 2005, 02:10 am »
Hi Chris,

Sorry I missed it and I just talked to Dave. The next one for sure and Vinnie and I are thinking of putting together a show here in Norwalk.

Thanks again and have a very Happy Thanksgiving.

Talk to you soon,
Louis

lonewolfny42

M5 Speakers?
« Reply #12 on: 24 Nov 2005, 08:26 am »
Thanks Louis...and Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family. :D

Russell Dawkins

M5 Speakers?
« Reply #13 on: 27 Nov 2005, 02:12 am »
Hi Louis, I can't find the blurb on your site about the M5s.
What am I missing - have you taken it off?
Russell

Louis O

M5 Speakers?
« Reply #14 on: 27 Nov 2005, 03:12 am »
Hi Chris,

Many thanks and hope you and your family had a great thanksgiving.
It’s a great day to eat a whole lot and watch some great football (second game).

Hi Russell Dawkins,

My site is an ongoing battle. I use MS FrontPage and it has a mind of its own. I will try to redo it and catch up with a lot more.

The M5s are really sounding great and have a relaxed sound and tremendous bass. They like SS and Tubes and run at 90dB. I have experimented with sealing the ports and running them closed box. It sounds great this way too and easier to place in smaller rooms, close to the rear wall. In vented mode, they like more room away and I find 3 feet a minimum.

The can handle a lot of power.

Thanks again,
Louis