dc power rectangular connector plug for Nvidia Shield TV ?

kenreau

I have a Nvidia Shield TV Pro 4K streamer box. It is powered by a wall wart smps (19v x 2amp).  I bought a SBooster power supply to try and see if it improved the video and sound quality.  The problem I have encountered is the dc power input port is a somewhat unconventional small rectangular format (not usb) and not more common barrel shape plug.  The male connector at the end of the dc cable is rectangular and approx. 2.5mm x 8mm (photos attached)

I have searched for a interchangeable DC tip, but not found a match (female barrel to male rectangular).  SBooster supplies a dozen or so of different tips but no matches.  Does anyone happen to know of any?  I emailed SBooster but have not got a reply to date. 

As an alternative I was thinking of kludging together a female dc plug adapter with 2 wires out and cutting off the last 12 inches of the stock wall wart dc cable.  Strip it and direct connect to the adapter, heat shrink it and let her rip.  Does this look ok?

kenreau

Re: dc power rectangular connector plug for Nvidia Shield TV ?
« Reply #1 on: 27 Apr 2022, 10:54 pm »
I completed my task by using the female connector plug and cutting off the last 10" of the stock Nvidia SMPC DC cable.  Stripped back the DC cable to use the red and white leads.  The adapter fits the SBooster DC tip perfectly.  Just need to heat shrink it to tidy things up.  Easy DIY project.