What speakers are Odyssey currently producing?

paulieb00

What speakers are Odyssey currently producing?
« on: 16 Apr 2018, 08:09 pm »
Hello,
It's my first post here and I am very interested Odyssey equipment after hearing the Odyssey room at Axpona.
Looking at the website I see the Epiphany is no longer available. What does the current speaker line up consist of?

Cheers and TIA,
Paul

Brettio

Re: What speakers are Odyssey currently producing?
« Reply #1 on: 17 Apr 2018, 04:33 am »
Paul,

I’m not sure I’ll catch them all but there’s:
Syren
Lorelei
Lorelei with the Kismet upgrade (have these and really like them)
Kismet
Liquid (maybe called the Kismet Liquid?)

You’ll hear this a lot, and trust me it’s true, if you’re interested in anything Odyssey call Klaus and talk to him in person.  He is 110% about honesty, customer service, and making sure you’ve got the best gear for your budget. And if your budget will allow it, talk to Klaus about upgrades....hee hee, kid in a candy store I tell ya’!

Hope this helps,  Brett

pepperinca

« Reply #2 on: 17 Apr 2018, 02:15 pm »
Hi Paul,

I can’t send you a PM so responding here:

I have a pair of Odyssey Lorelei speakers with the Kismet upgrade in black satin finish, near mint, if you are interested.

Southern California
$1600

John

dB Cooper

« Reply #3 on: 17 Apr 2018, 03:00 pm »
Hello,
It's my first post here and I am very interested Odyssey equipment after hearing the Odyssey room at Axpona.
Looking at the website I see the Epiphany is no longer available. What does the current speaker line up consist of?

Cheers and TIA,
Paul

Straight to the source:  http://www.odysseyaudio.com/

Every year (except this last year- bad room), Klaus' Odyssey always has some of the best sound at Capital Audiofest. Odyssey gear, speakers included, outperforms some significantly more expensive stuff. The cabinetry maybe isn't quite on the artistic level of, say, Salk or Daedalus, but it's not shabby either, and sound is what counts.

MONKEYWICKEDMONKEY

« Reply #4 on: 17 Apr 2018, 03:50 pm »
I'm aiming for Kismet Monitors. Hopefully a white lacquer finish is available.  :thumb:

klaus@odyssey

« Reply #5 on: 17 Apr 2018, 08:11 pm »
boy oh boy,  do we ever have to re-do the web site...then again, over the past several years,  and  still today I make about 150 % - 200 % more speakers than I wanted to,  and with the Axpona show in the books,  it's getting crazier now...anyway,  here it goes:

1. Epiphony IV's                     $ 995.
2. Loreleis                             $ 2900.
3. Kismet Monitors                 $ 3700.
4. Kismet Floorstanders          $ 4200.
5. Liquids                              $ 5900.

And then there are , as always,  several upgrades available.   And nope,  refuse to do piano lacquers,  but we do automotive paints. 

Hope this helps,

Klaus

Chris_B

« Reply #6 on: 17 Apr 2018, 09:18 pm »
Hello,

Cheers and TIA,
Paul

Paul - Just give Klaus a call and he will walk you through everything. I know it sounds cliche to say but he is one of the good guys in HiFi.  He will bend over backwards to help you get what you are looking for and talk to you about all the various options.  He's so flexible, it would be impossible to get all the variations on his website.  It is sort of the anti-corporate high-end audio thing which is itself cool.  Many of us have been buying from Klaus for well over a decade for a good reason.  You will have a good experience. 

aaron.luebke

« Reply #7 on: 17 May 2018, 03:38 pm »
boy oh boy,  do we ever have to re-do the web site...then again, over the past several years,  and  still today I make about 150 % - 200 % more speakers than I wanted to,  and with the Axpona show in the books,  it's getting crazier now...anyway,  here it goes:

1. Epiphony IV's                     $ 995.
2. Loreleis                             $ 2900.
3. Kismet Monitors                 $ 3700.
4. Kismet Floorstanders          $ 4200.
5. Liquids                              $ 5900.

And then there are , as always,  several upgrades available.   And nope,  refuse to do piano lacquers,  but we do automotive paints. 

Hope this helps,

Klaus

Klaus - just a question on the top two here.

Kismet Floorstanders - two cone angled cabinet?
Liquids - three cone angled cabinet?

AlTran

« Reply #8 on: 17 May 2018, 05:05 pm »
Hi Paul, if you have the room & budget for the pair, then I suggest to go all out on the Liquids. it also depended on your own personal taste, the Epi & Lorelei on the warmer side with less details comparing to the Beryllium tweeters on the Kismets & Liquids. I have all 4 pairs & mainly listen to the Liquids.   

SoCalWJS

« Reply #9 on: 17 May 2018, 05:22 pm »
I wanted to check the Specs on the various speakers and went to the Main page of the Website.

No sign of either the Kismet or Liquid Speakers under the "Products" list. Am I missing something?

AlTran

« Reply #10 on: 17 May 2018, 05:32 pm »

MONKEYWICKEDMONKEY

« Reply #11 on: 17 May 2018, 06:53 pm »
Once I am  moved and officially empty nested, I want some Kismet Monitors... :green: