Nuforce Icon HDP - no sound

mcoops82

Nuforce Icon HDP - no sound
« on: 5 Jun 2015, 04:19 pm »
I'm trying to figure out what I'm missing but at the moment I'm not getting any sound through two different headphones using two different headphone adapters. The device has power and is connected to USB (tried multiple different ports) and the knob is set to USB input (blue light). The device is listed in Windows Sound devices and is set as the default device and there are no conflicts or problems in Windows -> System in Control Panel. I've restarted several times. Nothing is muted and the volume is turned up 100% system volume and no sound is produced even when I turn the volume knob higher on the device.

Someone suggested that I need spdif cable as well as USB cable for PC audio on this device. Everything else I read says all I need is the supplied USB cable. Which is correct?

Also I tested the HDP on Playstation 2 and it works, so I know the device itself is not at fault - only I cannot get the same success on my PC over USB.

Tested with another USB cable, same result. The device is detected and there are no conflicts but also no sound.

Any suggestions would be hugely appreciated, as I am basically clueless at this point.
« Last Edit: 6 Jun 2015, 08:17 am by mcoops82 »