Vinnie Rossi LIO, coming in October, 2014?

rlabarre

Vinnie Rossi LIO, coming in October, 2014?
« on: 22 Sep 2014, 07:32 pm »
Vinnie, just saw the teaser on your website! Changing the brand name and logo? Whatever, ooh-la-la! Very, very attractive artwork there! And, please, give us more of a hint!

groovybassist

Re: Vinnie Rossi LIO, coming in October, 2014?
« Reply #1 on: 22 Sep 2014, 10:16 pm »
Ditto!!!

I haven't had much time recently due to a new puppy, but every time I sit down and listen to my Sig 16 and Bellina, I appreciate them more and more, especially with the Amperex PQs on board. I haven't even come close to fully breaking in any of this stuff, so I'm sure even better sound is in store.

Mike

Vinnie R.

« Reply #2 on: 23 Sep 2014, 05:48 am »
Hi Guys,

Just give me a few more days!  :shh:

Vinnie

Alwayswantmore

« Reply #3 on: 24 Sep 2014, 06:05 pm »
… the logo is first class! I'm curious, too.

roymail

• Roy in TX
« Reply #4 on: 24 Sep 2014, 08:34 pm »
Wow, Vinnie, not sure what's around the corner for you and RWA, but I'm certain it will be exciting and innovative.  All the best!  :thumb:

christopher3393

« Reply #5 on: 24 Sep 2014, 11:06 pm »
I'm in countdown mode, I'll admit it!

Vinnie R.

« Reply #6 on: 24 Sep 2014, 11:12 pm »
All,

If any of you are going to be at the NY Audio Show this Friday, Sat., Sun. - you'll want to stop in my room to get a sneak-peek ("soft launch")
of Vinnie Rossi LIO. 

I am getting close to launching the new website, "spilling all the beans," and gearing up for the official launch at RMAF!  At RMAF, I'll be at the CanJam section this year.  But LIO is equally suited for home audio as it is for headphone listening. 

LIO is going to be a true game-changing product in a number of ways!  I know this is all a tease, but I'm getting very close to posting a lot more information, so thanks for all your patience. 

Vinnie

krisstack

« Reply #7 on: 25 Sep 2014, 09:21 pm »
Look forward to hearing the details.  See you tomorrow.

ltr317

« Reply #8 on: 25 Sep 2014, 10:29 pm »
Great.  See you at the show.  Paul

christopher3393

ltr317

« Reply #10 on: 27 Sep 2014, 03:57 am »
Great.  See you at the show.  Paul

I was in the Red Wine room today, and Vinnie gave me the lowdown on Lio.  Can't say anything yet, other than I think it's revolutionary. 

Srajan Ebaen

• Industry Participant
« Reply #11 on: 27 Sep 2014, 06:59 am »
Just got the word 'go' from Vinnie to turn on our industry features which tells (mostly) all  :P

And, John Darko at DigitalAudioReview.net has an actual show sighting of Vinnie and his first prototype at the NYC show.

firedog

« Reply #12 on: 27 Sep 2014, 08:47 am »
This is a great idea. Not exactly revolutionary, but modular hi-end  audio source is something needed on the market. Looks like Vinnie has thought of pretty much everything an audiophile could want, and at reasonable price points. Can't wait to see the details and hear some of the reactions to the first models.

mav52

« Reply #13 on: 27 Sep 2014, 01:02 pm »
Hi Guys,

Just give me a few more days!  :shh:

Vinnie

Will you still be offering "mods/options", like balanced

ltr317

« Reply #14 on: 27 Sep 2014, 02:28 pm »
This is a great idea. Not exactly revolutionary, but modular hi-end  audio source is something needed on the market. Looks like Vinnie has thought of pretty much everything an audiophile could want, and at reasonable price points. Can't wait to see the details and hear some of the reactions to the first models.

Now that the cat's out of the bag, the two ultra-capacitor banks replacing either batteries or AC as the power supply in a sophisticated component is what I consider revolutionary.  Yesterday's short listening session showed good promise with this new technology.  I'll be back in his room today and get a longer listening session.   

Srajan Ebaen

• Industry Participant
« Reply #15 on: 27 Sep 2014, 03:49 pm »
Just added a preview to our site with a few more tidbits from Vinnie plus a few more renderings...

HenryK

« Reply #16 on: 28 Sep 2014, 02:07 am »
Any chance of ultracapacitor upgrades to existing models ?

christopher3393

« Reply #17 on: 28 Sep 2014, 12:13 pm »
Now that the cat's out of the bag, the two ultra-capacitor banks replacing either batteries or AC as the power supply in a sophisticated component is what I consider revolutionary.  Yesterday's short listening session showed good promise with this new technology.  I'll be back in his room today and get a longer listening session.

Great! Looking forward to your impressions.

roscoeiii

« Reply #18 on: 28 Sep 2014, 03:45 pm »
Here's hoping there is an ultracapacitor version of the Black lightning, or that a DC output module is one of the offerings for this very very cool offering. Would love to get some of that ultracapacitor juice to my DSPeaker Dual Core 2.0.

Jonathon Janusz

« Reply #19 on: 28 Sep 2014, 07:50 pm »
Here's hoping there is an ultracapacitor version of the Black lightning,

I'm also interested in the answer to this.  I know I might sound like I'm making a big thing out of nothing, but dealing with the batteries is something that has really kept me from trying out various DC-only gear.  A high quality DC power option without batteries could get me in the game on a few pieces of gear I can think of off the top of my head.  :thumb: