Replacement remote control for Nuforce MCP-18

dspringham

Replacement remote control for Nuforce MCP-18
« on: 3 Apr 2017, 01:59 pm »
Can anyone point me in the right direction to obtain a replacement remote control for a Nuforce MCP-18?

I understand that the remote for the AVP-18 will work. In any case I would greatly appreciate referral to a contact that can supply a replacement.

Thank you in advance.

Regards,
Dave

John Casler

Re: Replacement remote control for Nuforce MCP-18
« Reply #1 on: 3 Apr 2017, 10:06 pm »
If you can't find anything, I think I can find one for you.  It is the remote from the AVP-18, which is actually better than the MCP-18 dedicated remote. (it allows you to dim the display)

They are rare, and not made anymore.

PM me, if you cannot locate anything.

jk@home

« Reply #2 on: 3 Apr 2017, 10:06 pm »
When I received my MCP-18, the first thing I did was transfer the remote codes on to a URC leaning remote, and shelved that one from NuForce (don't get me wrong, love the preamp itself).

Anyhow, that doesn't help you now. But checking the device compatibility page on the Logitech Harmony site, your MCP-18 does come up as supported. Which means you should be able to buy a Harmony remote and download the right codes from the website for your NuForce unit.

I own the 950 plus Hub, using it in the HT system (but not for the NuForce) and love it.

https://support.myharmony.com/en-us/compatibility
« Last Edit: 4 Apr 2017, 12:26 am by jk@home »

mcgsxr

« Reply #3 on: 3 Apr 2017, 10:09 pm »
My old AVP-16 is controlled by a Harmony Hub based remote too.  Sure bet!

jk@home

« Reply #4 on: 3 Apr 2017, 10:11 pm »
There you go!

dspringham

« Reply #5 on: 4 Apr 2017, 12:59 pm »
Thanks for chiming-in guys.

I have made inquiries with Optoma/Nuforce USA and have yet to hear anything back. They provided an item number and price ($19.00) for a replacement AVP-18 control but indicated that physical stock may be a problem and were to check their warehouse. As I said, they have yet to get back to me so I'm not holding out too much hope.

John, I appreciate your generous offer and may have to take you up on it. I'll give Optoma/Nuforce another day or so. If they can't come through I will contact you privately. Hopefully you are able to round-up the remote control you have referred to.

The MCP-18 is really a great performer for 2-channel audio, however the original supplied remote is quite disappointing.

Thank you all for your help.

Dave

dspringham

« Reply #6 on: 7 Apr 2017, 09:36 pm »
Happy to report that Optoma/Nuprime came through in a big way.

I did get a call back from customer service reporting that that had located a control. They even sipped via FEDEX directly to Canada AT NO CHARGE. Arrived within two days of the return call.

Very gratifying to get this kind of customer service experience after the purchase of a piece of previously owned gear.

Big shout-out and thank you to Otoma/Nuforce.

Once again, thank you John for your generous offer.

Cheers,
Dave