Welcome Aboard Sebastien!

Pez

Welcome Aboard Sebastien!
« on: 25 Aug 2021, 08:59 pm »
AC folks,

I wanted to announce to you all that Hapa Audio has a new member to the team- Sebastien Chiu

Sebastien is a solid dude and a gear head. He will be heading up Hapa Audio's marketing push on other websites such as Head-Fi, Facebook, Instagram, and of course our forum right here. Don't worry, I'll still be around, I just need someone to lend a helping hand as the company continues to grow with your support.

I'd like to welcome Sebastien to team Hapa Audio and to Audiocircle!  :dance: :hyper: :dance: :weights: :bounce: :rock: :guitar: :drums: :violin: :banana piano:

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
Re: Welcome Aboard Sebastian!
« Reply #1 on: 25 Aug 2021, 09:13 pm »
Welcome Sebastien  :thumb:

Sebastien_Chiu

Re: Welcome Aboard Sebastian!
« Reply #2 on: 25 Aug 2021, 09:27 pm »
Hey everyone! Thanks, Jason, for the intro, and nice to meet you all!

TLDR on me: I'm a recent grad from the University of Colorado Denver in film production, who fell into community relations and social media through volunteer work I do with the 501st Legion and my love for Star Wars. Seeing the impact, we made through wearing film-accurate costumes for charitable purposes helped me realize I could do the same for brands and equally passionate groups of people. One of my other passions has always been music, but never really the high-end side of things until I was introduced to it by my godfather (Mangus for the headfiers here) with the wonderful world of IEMs. The Noble Audio k10 was the first I listened to back in the day, but little did I know that they would eventually be the first people who took a chance on me in the industry!

I ran social for them for two years, and the experience helped me realize this was the industry where I wanted to take my career. iFi audio would be my best big thing after I graduated last year, and chances are you have seen me doing my thing representing them in our major corners of the interwebs. I had the opportunity to meet my now mentor Alexander Rosson, ex co-founder of Audeze and now the maker of the RAD-0, and soon became their rep! Chance be had a few months later, I would meet Jason and Hapa Audio through iFi, and the stars aligned for us to wrap out my current client portfolio!

The beauty of design and technological advancements aside, Jason's first impression of who he is as a person made me want to dedicate the rest of my available time to growing Hapa as a community, and I am grateful to be here at the stage of my career being in my mid-20s because of people like him. I'm excited to be spending some time here and getting to know the Audiocircle community! See you around, and if you're going at SoCal (representing RAD) and RMAF (representing iFi)!

Be seeing you :)

SlushPuppy

Re: Welcome Aboard Sebastien!
« Reply #3 on: 25 Aug 2021, 10:04 pm »
Welcome Sebastien!  :beer:

Early B.

« Reply #4 on: 25 Aug 2021, 10:31 pm »
Wow -- you created a helluva niche for yourself. That's wonderful.

WGH

« Reply #5 on: 26 Aug 2021, 01:18 am »
Welcome to Hapa and AC Sebastien.

pconley2

« Reply #6 on: 26 Aug 2021, 03:27 pm »
Sebastian, welcome to the fun house.  Hapa is a great company and your input will be very much appreciated

Sebastien_Chiu

« Reply #7 on: 26 Aug 2021, 03:49 pm »
Thank you for the warm welcome everyone!

mgalusha

« Reply #8 on: 26 Aug 2021, 06:00 pm »
Welcome Sebastien! You're in good company, Jason is a good dude. :)

Sebastien_Chiu

« Reply #9 on: 9 Oct 2021, 03:11 am »
Thanks Mike, been a wonderful time here so far, and enjoyed my first step into the audio circle community!