Core Power Technologies, Deep = Core 1800 for DC

RPM123

Has anyone tried this? There have been issues with the prior owner of this company, but it is now owned by Underwood HiFi and all of the bugs have been worked out.

The unit removes DC, has an EMI/RMF filter and an "adjustable power delivery interface" that "changes the relationship between neutral and ground". While I have no clue as to what that means or how it works, what I can say is that with only 50 hours (500 hour break-in), my system has never sounded so quiet. I have a lot of DC in my line and that is now gone. The soundstage has grown quite a bit, depth wise and horizontally, while the bass response has also improved. I am also hearing much more layering of instruments and a more open midrange. Hard to fathom what things will sound like at the 500 hour mark. Thus far, I prefer the knob turned furthest to the left, as this gives the best bass response. The unit is designed to be placed in front of a power line conditioner or can be used directly with components.

Note: I am in no way associated with Core Power or Underwood HiFi. Just a hobbyist reporting on an actual listening experience.

santacore

Re: Core Power Technologies, Deep = Core 1800 for DC
« Reply #1 on: 1 Sep 2019, 05:19 pm »
I'm with you on this. I've had a 1800 for about 2 years, it's helped clean up my system. The unit physically used to hum and make varying levels of noise.. I've tried various cables and even a DC blocker, but with no change. Along comes the Deep Core that I ordered 2 years ago. Amazingly Wally honored my original payment to Mark and sent me one. With the Deep Core in place my system is quiet both through the speakers and physically through the 1800. My system is the quietest it's ever been, but at the same time the best sounding. The adjustable knob on the back is interesting. I haven't played with it much, but it does seem to make my system brighter or duller depending on where it's set. An interesting tweak that actually can be cool depending on how your system sounded before Deep Core. All in all I'm very happy with the sound of my system with these 2 units in place. That said, I never would have gone through this if I knew beforehand what I was getting into.

RPM123

« Reply #2 on: 1 Sep 2019, 06:59 pm »
I also use a CP 1800 and it did sometimes hum a fair amount, but all is good now. I had to wait "only" a year for the Deep Core, but it was not so bad compared to what I had to go through with another company (from AC) which no longer exits.

uncola

« Reply #3 on: 2 Nov 2019, 05:55 am »
I'm so glad I didn't order the deep core with all the delays and problems and buying/selling of the company.  It seems like a lot of money for an rfi filter and dc blocker with a placebo knob to turn.  Been pretty happy with my pi audio group minibuss.  Except the screws on top are starting to tarnish

walterslw

« Reply #4 on: 2 Nov 2019, 11:43 am »
I have one of the newer 1800s that I purchased from Walter.   The newer units have a heavier gauge of internal wire and I paid a little more to get upgraded pure copper outlets.    Walter ships fast, I think I received my unit as a new build within a week of calling Walter and placing my order.    I do not yet have a deep core, but contemplating getting one.   I use a Lessloss c-Marc AC cable and firewall x64 going into the 1800 so not sure if adding a deep core will make a difference.    My 1800 is dead quiet, no hum.   In fact you have to have your ear right next to it to know if it is on.    I use a PerfectPath omega E mat inside the lid of my 1800.   My system is quiet as a tomb and OmG the resolution is awesome.   I’m playing around with what circuit to plug the 1800 into as it seems to be sensitive to the make / brand of AC plug it is connected in to.  But I am glad I purchased one.

RPM123

« Reply #5 on: 2 Nov 2019, 07:23 pm »
I'm so glad I didn't order the deep core with all the delays and problems and buying/selling of the company.  It seems like a lot of money for an rfi filter and dc blocker with a placebo knob to turn.  Been pretty happy with my pi audio group minibuss.  Except the screws on top are starting to tarnish

I used to own a PI Audio Uberbuss and the Deep Core products are far and away better. As for the "placebo knob", don't knock it until you have have tried it. There are far too many opinions not based on having heard a product and as such do not have any merit, in my book.

And the company is in good hands now, with no more delays. Every one who had ordered a Deep Core (prior to the company changing hands) has been made whole.