Review of The Nirvana Speaker Cables

ZLS

Review of The Nirvana Speaker Cables
« on: 28 Sep 2010, 04:59 pm »
    There is Sound, and there is Value. 
The sound of a Speaker Cable is independent of it's Value. 
    Your purchasing decision, now that is where the concept of cost v. sound quality enters into the equation. 
    In the case of the Virtue Nirvana Speaker Cables, the absolute extraordinary value they represent seems to actually work against them. 
How can something so inexpensive be any good?  Sound familiar?  I have been guilty of that false logic more times then I care to admit. 
    So, let me get this out of the way first; The Nirvana Speaker Cables are a stupid good value in the same way that The Sensation is, and it seems (I don't own one) The Piano is. 
    This what the Nirvana's do in my system.  They allow me to hear what my Dodd buffered Ice Blocks sound like driving my Omega Speakers (Virtue and Omega synergy is well documented)  .  The Nirvana's get out of the way.  They allow the Music to flow.  I can hear more of what I like about my amp and my speakers. Yes, the detail is there, along with the soundstage and harmonic information, but most of all the Nirvana's allow me to concentrate on the Music rather then just the sound.     
    I am tempted to call the Nirvana's quick and agile, but every time I look at them they are still just sitting there not moving.
The Nirvana's fit and finish is up to the usual high standards of the Virtue Products.  If it helps, think of the Nirvana's as a necessary tweak to make your other Virtue products sound better. 

In the upside down world of Audiophiledom, if Virtue charged 10x the price for the Nirvana's, then they would have a lot more creditability.  However, going back to the beginning, the Nirvana's are excellent speaker cables regardless of the cost. 

The cost v. sound equation?  Another "No Brainer" by Virtue.   

saisunil

Re: Review of The Nirvana Speaker Cables
« Reply #1 on: 28 Sep 2010, 07:09 pm »
such a good review ... :beer:  ...I wait for my virtuous gear to attain audio nirvana without breaking the bank :)

ZLS

Alright people, what is it going to take for you to at least audition the Virtue Cables and IC's? 
    After putting the cables in my system I ordered two sets of IC's and guess what? 
    They sound just as good as the speaker cables for the same ridiculously low price! 
    What is it that they do so well?  They allow me to hear more of what my Virtue Ice Blocks (with tube buffer) sounds like. 
    And, BTW I like thew sound of my Ice Blocks! 

If there ever was a convention of Virtue Audio product owners, it wouldn't take 5 minutes before the argument broke out as to which Virtue Product represented the best value. 
    Well, as the owner of a Sensation (which I am going to use as a preamp), and the aforementioned Ice Blocks, I am voting for the Speaker Cables and the IC's because they are so damned inexpensive to begin with! 

All I ask of the wires I use in my system is to get out of the way and let me enjoy listening to my music. 
    The Virtue wires get out of the way quicker than most. 

virtue

• Facilitator
  • Making audio lovers audiophiles
    • Virtue Audio
Re: Review of The Nirvana Speaker Cables
« Reply #3 on: 10 Oct 2010, 07:41 am »
For those of you who will be attending RMAF, Jason has a few Nirvana show special surprises for you!  Come by our room 8030 and hit the ATM on premise.  Whatever we do at the show, stays at the show.  I'm not going to tell you exactly how sweet the deal will be, but sweet!