Does anybody know what speakers are these?

Fernolio

Does anybody know what speakers are these?
« on: 8 Jul 2019, 10:25 pm »
Hello, this is my first thread or topic.

I saw these ones on sell, does anybody know what speakers are these, the recommended price, specifications, and how good they are?
Any info will be good!

Thanks!

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
Re: Does anybody know what speakers are these?
« Reply #1 on: 9 Jul 2019, 06:48 am »
Is there any information on the rear panel?

What is the word at the base of the tweeter?

What country are these located in?

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #2 on: 9 Jul 2019, 09:23 am »
There is an name on the base of the ribbon tweeter.
Celestion?

Fernolio

« Reply #3 on: 9 Jul 2019, 03:25 pm »
Is there any information on the rear panel?

What is the word at the base of the tweeter?

What country are these located in?

Those pictures are the only info I have.

Can't read the word.

The country is Argentina.

Now the problem is that the person selling them is not responding me. I fear she lost her phone or sold it already...

Another thing is that she is (or was  :( ) seeling them with an ugly cheap Philco micro system.

Fernolio

« Reply #4 on: 9 Jul 2019, 03:32 pm »
There is an name on the base of the ribbon tweeter.
Celestion?

Can't read, but when I put in in fullscreen with the Windows Photo Viewer, to me the first letter of that word is either an E or a D, and is the only letter that I could have an idea.
I read through a list of speakers brands to see if the name or the logo was similar and nothing.
Run it through the Google image search and nothing.
And of course I also searched for key words that would describe them and nothing!

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #5 on: 9 Jul 2019, 08:27 pm »
The lettering could be Divergent?
Seems these speaker are from 1990s.
Dont worth to buy it imo due the age,
the woofer dome seems damaged.
Only for collection purposes.

Fernolio

« Reply #6 on: 10 Jul 2019, 12:45 am »
The lettering could be Divergent?
Seems these speaker are from 1990s.
Dont worth to buy it imo due the age,
the woofer dome seems damaged.
Only for collection purposes.

Could be but I just searched and can't find anything.
The damage in the woofer doesn't seem to be more than the dust cap, I'm more worried about the dome in the other speaker as it has some stain. And a question: the planar/ribbon tweeters, do they suffer age considerably? Is it something to worry about too? They have a lot of dust around them too.

srb

« Reply #7 on: 10 Jul 2019, 12:56 am »
I would say everything about those speakers would be something to worry about!  ;)

Fernolio

« Reply #8 on: 11 Jul 2019, 12:23 am »
I would say everything about those speakers would be something to worry about!  ;)

Haha yes...

But at the equivalent of only Us$16, yes sixteen dollars, then I think it's worth, right?

Rusty Jefferson

« Reply #9 on: 11 Jul 2019, 01:37 pm »
.....But at the equivalent of only Us$16, yes sixteen dollars, then I think it's worth, right?
Yes, for $16 it's worth it.  I don't think those are cheapie speakers. That ribbon tweeter in a waveguide appears to be time aligned with the soft dome midrange.  I'm partial to that arrangement of ribbon/soft dome myself.  Also, the non parallel sided cabinets and treatment to reduce diffraction I think indicate some effort was made to make them. I'd actually like to hear them. Let us know  if you're able to get them. :D

Fernolio

« Reply #10 on: 12 Jul 2019, 01:26 am »
Yes, for $16 it's worth it.  I don't think those are cheapie speakers. That ribbon tweeter in a waveguide appears to be time aligned with the soft dome midrange.  I'm partial to that arrangement of ribbon/soft dome myself.  Also, the non parallel sided cabinets and treatment to reduce diffraction I think indicate some effort was made to make them. I'd actually like to hear them. Let us know  if you're able to get them. :D

Yeah, I don't think they were cheap speakers. My theory is that she obtained them without knowing their worth or quality, probably she inherited them. That's why they aren't well treated and she sells them cheap (here people ask really high prices for anything that is considered a rarity even in those conditions). But she still is not responding so ufff I don't know if I'll be able to get them.

Fernolio

« Reply #11 on: 19 Jul 2019, 07:20 pm »
No, couldn't get them, they were already sold, she hadn't remove the publication.  :( :duh: :nono: :evil: :roll: