Bryston and PMC Owners Club Meetup, March 16th @ HiFi Lounge!

Vipers

Re: Bryston and PMC Owners Club Meetup, March 16th @ HiFi Lounge!
« Reply #20 on: 14 Feb 2013, 05:09 pm »
Hi Terry,

Here we go then -

HiFiMan
He-500's
HE-6's

Audeze
LCD-2's
If anyone seriously wants to listen to the LCD-3 I can see if I can borrow a pair

Sennheiser
HD598
HD650
HD700
HD800
IE800
RS220
Momentum
HDVD 800 Headamp (hopefully)

Grado
SR80i
SR325i
RS1i
GS1000i
PS500
PS1000

Still no Stax though at the moment :cry:

Vipers

« Reply #21 on: 14 Feb 2013, 05:19 pm »
Hi Guys,

For anyone out there who is quite excited by the new SE range of speakers from PMC I thought I would upload the brochure for you to browse over -

Nice :P

Vipers

« Reply #22 on: 14 Feb 2013, 05:23 pm »
It's all about Bristol and the SE's at the moment with the BDA-2 and BDP-2, have to say I can't wait, I've never looked forward to it as much as I am this year :)

Is there anyone going from here this year?

terrycym

« Reply #23 on: 14 Feb 2013, 05:32 pm »
Hi Terry,

Here we go then -

HiFiMan
He-500's
HE-6's

Audeze
LCD-2's
If anyone seriously wants to listen to the LCD-3 I can see if I can borrow a pair

Sennheiser
HD598
HD650
HD700
HD800
IE800
RS220
Momentum
HDVD 800 Headamp (hopefully)

Grado
SR80i
SR325i
RS1i
GS1000i
PS500
PS1000

Still no Stax though at the moment :cry:

I would be interested in the LCD-3 (probably shouldn't have said that, depleting toy fund and all)
Can you use Stax with the Bryston?
I'll bring mine if so.

terrycym

« Reply #24 on: 14 Feb 2013, 05:33 pm »
I plan to be going to Bristol. Probably on the worse day weather wise.
Not much point staying in a hotel all day when it's sunny!

Vipers

« Reply #25 on: 16 Feb 2013, 10:37 am »
I would be interested in the LCD-3 (probably shouldn't have said that, depleting toy fund and all)
Can you use Stax with the Bryston?
I'll bring mine if so.

I'll see if I can borrow a pair Terry, shouldn't be a problem, I'd love to hear them myself as the LCD-2's are fast becoming my favourite headphone.
As far as I'm aware you can't use Stax with the Bryston as they need their own Energiser unit, maybe for the BHA-2 though :)
I'll keep an eye out for you at Bristol, just in case you do go on the Sunday.

Vipers

« Reply #26 on: 25 Feb 2013, 10:50 am »
I went to the Bristol HiFi show yesterday, which is the biggest show for HiFi in the UK and I have to say how amazed I was with the PMC BB5 SE and Bryston 28B SSt2 combo, obviously PMC/Bryston stole the show again for me, but the BB5's really were something else, I'm used to the MB's but the BB's really were something else, no doubt being helped by the Bryston 28B's/SP3/BDP2/BDA-2 set up, it was their scale and grip on the bass that really impressed and with a couple of tracks that really made the 15" bass cones work down to it's 17Hz that took your breath away.

It was quite funny as at one point we ended up with 8 of us in there from HiFi Lounge, all PMC/Bryston users and all amazed at the power of the BB5's, we were all very suprised at how close we could sit to these monsters, obviously we were on the front row and they sounded fantastic, but also they were not fatiguing at all, I could have quite happily have sat in there all day.

Now if only I could figure out how to get the BB5 SE's to my upstairs demo room :)

One thing though, they did make the MB2i's that were on static display look really small amazingly, I didn't recognise them at first, but once I composed myself and went over to look at the MB's it made one decision easier, I've got to get my SE's in 'Rose', they just looked beautiful.

I think PMC and Bryston's other room deserves a mention as well, which also seemed packed all day, as I found that the Twenty.22's running on a Bryston B135 SST2 with the BDP-2/BDA-2 was equally as impressive as for such a modest speaker compared the the BB5 SE, you couldn't help but be impressed at the quality of the sound.

It was a really busy day with a great turnout and with some great kit on show, I found it really encouraging for the hif trade in general, We looked around most of the other rooms with some high end kit that sounded pretty dire and some cheaper kit that sounded great but it was definitely the PMC/Bryston rooms that stole the show for me and were always the rooms that had the most people in.

Now I'm really looking forward to getting the MB2 SE's and 28B's in for our owners club meetup next month, the SE's definitely seem an improvement over the standard so if you can get along it will be well worth the trip I feel.

Here are a couple of rubbish quality pics from the show -

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #27 on: 25 Feb 2013, 12:52 pm »
Hi Vipers

Thanks for the report - glad we got the BDA-2 and BDP-2 there in time for the show  :thumb:

james

Napalm

« Reply #28 on: 25 Feb 2013, 12:55 pm »
Just took a look at the pics from a "good looks" point of view.

I'd say that Bryston has gone a long way from its old utilitarian "box with handles" design to the contemporary looking, sculpted ones. Good job!

Vipers

« Reply #29 on: 25 Feb 2013, 01:23 pm »
Hi Vipers

Thanks for the report - glad we got the BDA-2 and BDP-2 there in time for the show  :thumb:

james

It really was quite special James, you just can't beat the Bryston/PMC combination in my book, the only negative comments that have been reported was that it was too loud, if I had my way it would have been louder :)

Vipers

« Reply #30 on: 25 Feb 2013, 01:23 pm »
Hi Guys,

Just got a little mention on PMC's website for our fast approaching PMC and Bryston open day, if you are a Bryston or PMC owner or enthusiast I really look forward to seeing you here on March 16th :smashin:

Events | PMC Loudspeakers

I was speaking to Tom Barron yesterday and he was telling me that both he and Peter Thomas have been compiling some special music direct from the studios for demo music for the event, so that should certainly be interesting :)

mclsound

« Reply #31 on: 25 Feb 2013, 03:19 pm »
Hi Viper
I cannot read the pamplets
How much does the se series weigh?
Also,did you get a price on those Rosie stands..they look nice.

Vipers

« Reply #32 on: 26 Feb 2013, 09:45 am »
Hi Viper
I cannot read the pamplets
How much does the se series weigh?
Also,did you get a price on those Rosie stands..they look nice.

Hi mclsound,

As far as I'm aware the stands are only available when bought with the speakers but they certainly do look the part.

Here are the weights -

IB2 SE - 49kg + stand 13kg
MB2 SE - 58kg + stand 17kg
MB2 XBD SE 116kg
BB5 SE - 87kg + stand 19kg

The MB2 SE's as an example are 9kg heavier than the normal MB2i's so I guess that shows the level of extra bracing within the cabinet.

Vipers

« Reply #33 on: 26 Feb 2013, 09:46 am »
Although we are not going to have the BB5 SE's at our open day, we will have the MB2 SE's with the Bryston 28B SST2's, so a reasonably similar system to what was the star of the show at the Bristol HiFi Show, so I though I'd post this as it shows what a fantastic response the new SE's paired with Bryston got, roll on March 16th :)

Vipers

« Reply #34 on: 27 Feb 2013, 08:52 am »
I've just posted this on the BDP-2 thread, but as the BDP-2 and BDA-2 are going to be the stars of the show for our Bryston/PMC open day along with the SP3, 28B's and MB2 SE's I thought I'd post a couple of pics here, just finished formatting the solid state drive that I'm going to install internally and am now copying some music over ready for a good session this afternoon :)

Vipers

« Reply #35 on: 11 Mar 2013, 12:25 pm »
Hi Guys,

With only a few days to go until our big Bryston and PMC Open day I thought I'd just post on here the newsletter that I just sent out to everyone for those who haven't seen it yet.

I'll post some pics on here when the MB2 SE's and 28B's turn up, if anyone is feeling strong and wants to help me get them up the stairs please feel free to pop over, that is the one part I'm not looking forward to :|

Vipers

« Reply #36 on: 13 Mar 2013, 05:12 pm »
Bryston and PMC give-aways for this weekends event.

For anyone who is coming along to our Bryston and PMC Event at the weekend, Tom from PMC has just dropped of loads of Bryston and PMC goodies to give-away, we've got Bryston and PMC T-Shirts, Bryston and PMC Pens, some very nice gold 'Celebrating 50 years' Bryston pin badges, brochures, and the legendary PMC mugs, well I say to give-away, that is if I decide not to squirrel them away for myself  :wink:

Hope to see you at the weekend  :thumb:

werd

« Reply #37 on: 13 Mar 2013, 05:20 pm »
Bryston and PMC give-aways for this weekends event.

For anyone who is coming along to our Bryston and PMC Event at the weekend, Tom from PMC has just dropped of loads of Bryston and PMC goodies to give-away, we've got Bryston and PMC T-Shirts, Bryston and PMC Pens, some very nice gold 'Celebrating 50 years' Bryston pin badges, brochures, and the legendary PMC mugs, well I say to give-away, that is if I decide not to squirrel them away for myself  :wink:

Hope to see you at the weekend  :thumb:

I wander if I can get Bryston to fly me to the U.K.   :lol:

Man I really want to be there for that.

adol290

« Reply #38 on: 13 Mar 2013, 06:39 pm »
I wander if I can get Bryston to fly me to the U.K.   :lol:

Man I really want to be there for that.

Don't you know that with every purchase of a pair of  BB5's and  28 B's, you get a free flight to the U.K   :lol:

Vipers

« Reply #39 on: 15 Mar 2013, 09:17 am »
I can certainly arrange that :wink:

Not too much longer and I'll have my first play with a pair of Bryston 28B's, I've dreamt of owning a pair of these for years now so I can't wait to spend some quality time with them over the next few days.

Hopefully see a few of you tomorrow for the first running of the Bryston and PMC Owners Club :thumb: