Bryston 2012 New Models

Stu Pitt

Re: Bryston 2012 New Models
« Reply #100 on: 25 Feb 2012, 03:38 am »
I know, Soundgame.  It was a joke.  Even if they did make one, no eat I'd be able to afford it anyway!  I'd love to see someone make a TRUE 1000 watt per channel integrated amp.  How big do you think that box would have to be?

Alpha10

« Reply #101 on: 17 Mar 2012, 06:02 pm »
Just draggin up an old thread, because:

James, on my way home from Viper's Bryston/PMC day, I was thinking about something you said on the BCD thread.

"Hi Folks,

I think we have to consider where the market is going in the next few years.  Most of my sources tell me that software physically based delivery systems like CD and DVD are going to be replaced in large part by streaming (both low res and hi res methods) and optionally stored accordingly on hard-drives.

james
"

Now, the BDP (as it was intended) is superb for doing demos etc as well as long term at home. SO, the logical conclusion (well to me anyway) is that given the way the market is moving, should you not consider doing the same thing with a video device, that is you have done most of the hard work with the BDP, but instead of a sound card you use a video card and provide an HDMI out only to match in with the SP3, which draws from stored/buffered media?

This would of course lead further (sorry to bring this up again) to say that what you also want is drive enclosure, to store now both your audio and video files, to supply the BDP-1 and the BVP-1 (Bryston Video Player)

What do you think?

Cheers

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #102 on: 17 Mar 2012, 06:12 pm »
Just draggin up an old thread, because:

James, on my way home from Viper's Bryston/PMC day, I was thinking about something you said on the BCD thread.

"Hi Folks,

I think we have to consider where the market is going in the next few years.  Most of my sources tell me that software physically based delivery systems like CD and DVD are going to be replaced in large part by streaming (both low res and hi res methods) and optionally stored accordingly on hard-drives.

james
"

Now, the BDP (as it was intended) is superb for doing demos etc as well as long term at home. SO, the logical conclusion (well to me anyway) is that given the way the market is moving, should you not consider doing the same thing with a video device, that is you have done most of the hard work with the BDP, but instead of a sound card you use a video card and provide an HDMI out only to match in with the SP3, which draws from stored/buffered media?

This would of course lead further (sorry to bring this up again) to say that what you also want is drive enclosure, to store now both your audio and video files, to supply the BDP-1 and the BVP-1 (Bryston Video Player)

What do you think?

Cheers

Hi Alpha10,

We have discussed it but much like our decision not to include a video board in the SP-3 processor there are just too many changes going on in the video world to build a product with longterm functionality.

james