Mcx 2

nac

Mcx 2
« on: 15 Sep 2023, 04:34 am »
Interesting that according to the nuprime chart the mcx 2 is second to last with bass extension which makes me laugh,my large monitor audio speaker almost punch a hole the wall if given a hurry up

rustydoglim

Re: Mcx 2
« Reply #1 on: 15 Sep 2023, 11:30 am »
 :thumb:  It is difficult to differentiate these models for some sonic characteristics because they are so close.
For example, STA-9 might have a bass extension to 20Hz and MCX-2 to 22Hz (I don't recall the exact number, just for explanation only), our ear can't tell the difference anyway.  A higher power amp can drive the speaker to move more air, so MCX-2 has more punch than STA-9.

nac

« Reply #2 on: 15 Sep 2023, 08:26 pm »
Yes it s all just numbers anyway 😁,nothing beats listening to equipment firsthand,I’m a big Nuprime fan(previous amps sta 9 x2 mono blocked)super smooth but lacking outright punch of the mcx2

John Casler

« Reply #3 on: 16 Sep 2023, 10:06 pm »
I have been using the MCX-2 in my DEMO System for some time, and thought it quite good.

But.....Recently upgraded my PrePro and have concluded that I had been under valuing the MCX-2.

With the new PrePro the sound is simply stunning.  And of course the AMP is now able to show what it was capable of all along.

I would also think that ALL the MCX Series amps have been "in the shadows" and deserve to be talked about with some of the best amps made.