NuPrime Omnia S1 and W1 illustrations

rustydoglim

NuPrime Omnia S1 and W1 illustrations
« on: 22 Dec 2019, 11:26 pm »
I made these two illustrations to explain how things work together and the performance.  Is it too complicated? I don't know how to simplify it further.

Omnia S1

The role of Omnia S1 is the equivalent of a high-end CDT in a music system. The sound quality of Omnia S1 decoding local or network high-resolution music to the I2S output offers the ultimate performance for sampling rate up to DSD1024 and PCM 32bit/768kHz. Streaming high-resolution music to Omnia S1 Renderer achieves nearly identical performance as local Renderer playback.

For convenient, playback of Android Apps such as YouTube, Spotify, Qobuz, Tidal, Amazon Music on Omnia S1 is enabled but limited to 16bit/44.1kHz.

Omnia WR-1

• Stream online music to WR-1 zone*
  • As a lightweight music server for streaming local music on USB stick drive connected to WR-1 to WR-1 zone
  • Re-stream from an analog (Turntable), digital (CD, Set-Top-Box) or Bluetooth source to WR-1 zone
  • Stream from DLNA network music server (Roon, Omnia S1, Synology, WR-1) to WR-1 zone
  • Stream from Apple devices via AirPlay to WR-1
*A WR-1 zone has 1 or more WR-1

Fenek

Re: NuPrime Omnia S1 and W1 illustrations
« Reply #1 on: 11 Jan 2020, 12:57 pm »
I´m really confused:
"For convenient, playback of Android Apps such as YouTube, Spotify, Qobuz, Tidal, Amazon Music on Omnia S1 is enabled but limited to 16bit/44.1kHz."
What? the Dstream primo and WR100D are able give out HighResolution ( digital) and the WR1 and Omnia S1 aren´t capable to do this?
Not real, or????? Why the high resolution output with I2S and HDMI wiring? for 16bit 44khz?

rustydoglim

« Reply #2 on: 19 Jan 2020, 12:51 am »
I´m really confused:
"For convenient, playback of Android Apps such as YouTube, Spotify, Qobuz, Tidal, Amazon Music on Omnia S1 is enabled but limited to 16bit/44.1kHz."
What? the Dstream primo and WR100D are able give out HighResolution ( digital) and the WR1 and Omnia S1 aren´t capable to do this?
Not real, or????? Why the high resolution output with I2S and HDMI wiring? for 16bit 44khz?

Yes, you are confused over streaming and non streaming path. And where the Apps reside.
Omnia S1 is capable of high resolution, so is WR-1.

If you want to stream 24/96kHz from online services, you can use WR-1 or D-Stream Primo.  But D-Stream Primo offers 24/192K digital out.  Well, Primo doesn't have BT aptx HD, but WR-1 has.  It depends on what you want to use them for. 
WR-1 is ideal for use with Active speaker and as an all-in-one streamer.
Primo HD is ideal for connecting to a DAC.
Omnia S1 is deal for local high-res music playback.

If you want to play high resolution local music that sounded better than using a computer, then Omnia S1 is the clear choice.
Similarly if you have DSD or high res music from NAS to stream to Omnia S1, then neither WR-1 nor Primo sound better.

But if you mainly listen to online music from Qobuz, Tidal and Spotify, then you should go with Primo or WR-1.
Those Apps can run on Omnia S1 (I don't think other media server is able to run the App as-is, unless they are Android based) but they go through different audio device driver which is limited to 44.1K.

I know, confusing.

giordy60

« Reply #3 on: 24 Jan 2020, 01:45 pm »
but with WR1 using the coax connection
(to other dac)
what resolution can be obtained?
16 / 44.1?
24/96?
24/192?

thank you

mcmusicman

« Reply #4 on: 25 Jan 2020, 07:40 pm »
Thank you. I am looking to upgrade from my Wr100D to stream higher resolution files and have been lost trying to find a stream endpoint to feed my DAC10.  I did not consider a Primo HD.  Is the only app choice the Dstream app or will the Tidal App play direct to the Primo?

Csatariano

« Reply #5 on: 17 Apr 2020, 08:24 am »
Why to use the natives Qobuz TIDAL apps on omnia s desktop if are limite resolution? What reason have This choise?

rustydoglim

« Reply #6 on: 18 Apr 2020, 11:16 pm »
Omnia S1 is primarily a media server.  The native Android OS device driver does not provide high-res format, and the Android apps from the streaming service providers go through the Android device driver. We can't change that.
Our media server calls our own audio device driver.